Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Hitachi V-509 60 MHz Dual Trace Oscilloscope Help

Reviews Summary for Hitachi V-509 60 MHz Dual Trace Oscilloscope
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Small, but beautifully made scope

You can write your own review of the Hitachi V-509 60 MHz Dual Trace Oscilloscope.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I happened upon a V-509 on eBay for cheap. Since I collect Test Equipment, I thought I'd try one.
Boy, was I impressed! I have over 10 Tek scopes and they are OK but as they age, they are a pain to keep working. I was SO impressed with the V-509 (free manuals on the WWW), I bought several more. ALL have worked 100%. I have also bought some of the larger Hitachi scopes and I am even further impressed, Simple, excellent construction.
I do a complete cosmetic restoration on everything that comes through my shop. The ONLY thing I dislike about the entire Hitachi line is the color!
Puke green. ha ha
Nothing that a couple of minutes in the hot Florida sun and some spray paint won't fix...
The face and the rear panel have a clear plastic cover like the old Yeasu radios. I have only had to remove one scope's plastic sheet and when I did, it looked better than new!!!
Buy one. You'll love it!