Reviews Categories | Voice Keyers | MFJ-432 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-432
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Voice Keyer
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-432

You can write your own review of the MFJ-432.

KG9H Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2012 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Great little voice keyed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this keyer with many many different kinds of radios, very easy to wire up. I even have two output cords one for 8-pin round and modular for Icom.

WU0R Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2011 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Good Addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one of these used and it is a revision 2 on the circuit board. No idea what the differences might be in configuration.

Works fine, seems to have clear audio to the radio. Can't complain.

KI9A Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2005 22:18 Send this review to a friend
no problems here!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had the 432 since it came out, about 90,000 contest QSO's ago, & have only had to replace one of the buttons. The speaker has also failed, but, you should not be using that thing to monitor your audio--use the monitor on your rig for that!
All in all, for just over a hundred bucks, not bad!

73-Chuck KI9A

K4JRB Rating: 4/5 Jul 8, 2002 23:44 Send this review to a friend
Get one with the revision  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a 432 from HRO several years ago. It worked great on transmit using one of the memories
but did not work straight through. I happened upon Tom W8JI who told me that he worked on a revision (1 or greater) that fixed the problem with not being able to work straight through.

I sent the 432 back to MFJ and one month later got a new 432 back. I know its been replaced by an improved model but if you find a used one ask the owner if its revision 1 or greater.

Mine has worked fine since (sure saves the voice calling VP6DI or YA5T) as well in contests. I ran over 100 qsos on 40 in a recent CQ WW SSB without once having to speak myself! I just pushed the buttons and logged the QSOs.

73 Dave K4JRB

N7DC Rating: 4/5 Feb 4, 2002 12:41 Send this review to a friend
better operations after grounding  Time owned: more than 12 months
After my original review, I continued to study the problem with the keyer and, like others, wound up putting it on its on wall supply. Still continued to get reports of horrible sounding voice with it. Played around with input to rig, same thing. Finally drilled a separate hole in the case, and ground it directly to station ground that way, versus just thru the mike cable/rig, and lo and behold- no more problems. Been using it a year or so now and get good signal reports out of it. Still havent heard a word from MFJ about my original (or follow up) emails concerning the unit.

N0AH Rating: 0/5 Mar 14, 2000 01:11 Send this review to a friend
They still suck!  Time owned: unknown months
Where is my new keyer??? that last 432 I had ended up in the junk pile next to the MFJ software and 249 Analyzer that worked about 12 hours- I was a week out of the warranty period and got a $114 bill- please- Not to mention the laughable MFJ-493's I got screwed on- ...this company will always screw you anyway they can- they make crap- period- and anyone who falls for their loaded advertising is a bigger fool then they are-

K2UOP Rating: 0/5 Feb 28, 2000 12:36 Send this review to a friend
The 432 never worked, but MFJ made it up to me!!  Time owned: unknown months
I've had two previous reports of woe with the MFJ 432, but I'm now a happy camper, because they ended up by doing right by me. I had sent the keyer back for the second time and waited three months to inquire about it's status. I was told by Richard (customer relations) that it wasn't fixed yet and because they had the unit for so long he would see about sending me a "new" one. Sounded great to me, but I had been told they didn't make the 432 model anymore. Well three days later I received a package in the mail and to my suprise I received (at no extra cost to me) a new model 434 voice keyer. So I must say that MFJ did treat me right in the end, and I appreciated Richards' assistance in the matter. See my report on the model 434. It's a keeper!!!

W1JIM Rating: 4/5 Dec 25, 1999 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Mighty Fine for the bucks, yes I'd do it again!  Time owned: unknown months
Bought the MFJ-432 to use with my FT-990 and have been quite happy. I have heard of problems with the Yaesu DVS and besides it is serous money. I had the same problems as everyone else when I hooked it up to my main 12 volt source - nasty hum. Once I gave it its own wall wart power source it works great! I don't do much contesting, I use it primarily for breaking pileups - the family isn't too enthused with hearing me call over and over to get my contact. I just punch the button until it's my turn! Works fine, audio is just like recorded and doesn't sound nasty like I thought it might.

KB8UUZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 1999 22:17 Send this review to a friend
No Problems Here!  Time owned: unknown months
Got my 432 a year and a half ago. At first it would not record, then I realized the internal jumpers were set wrong from the factory, but a quick check using the manual, and since then no problems. Never thought of using a battery since I knew they would not last, went straight for a 'wall wart' plug in power cube. Hooked the rig up to a Kenwood TS-690 and Heil Microphone. Works like a champ! No extra noise or clicks or nothing to complain about. Have used it heavily for more than a dozen contests. No complaints here.

N7DC Rating: 3/5 Nov 4, 1999 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Another fine mess you've gotten me into MFJ  Time owned: unknown months
One more piece of ham gear, several more problems. It worked out of the box, but noted that the channel 3 audio output to the speaker was weaker than the other 3 channels. Also appears to be some feedback when using earphones.
Put it away for a time and when unpacked it again- there is NO AUDIO on any channel, to the speaker. Did some on-air tests and other ops advise that all channels seem to work ok, with a slight hum heard by only a couple of ops. Put in a 9 v battery -in place of shack power supply- and used it a couple of hours, but left the darn thing on and when got back several hours later, the green light was still lit (indicating good battery??) but no relay/output. Another battery, and back operational (still no speaker). Its now been one month since sent MFJ an email requesting their advice. STILL NO RESPONSE. Why do they have a web page, with email address , if they are not going to reply?