Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | ManHandle by Ham Radio Innovations KG4YNI Help

Reviews Summary for ManHandle by Ham Radio Innovations KG4YNI
ManHandle by Ham Radio Innovations KG4YNI Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95 + Shipping ( 6/2011)
Description: A tough high quality handle for the Icom IC-7000 and other models. The handle is custom machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum and comes in a black textured epoxy. High quality stainless screws are included, as are four heavy duty feet so you can rest the radio on it's side when using the handle.
More info: http://hamradioinnovations.com/

You can write your own review of the ManHandle by Ham Radio Innovations KG4YNI.

W6LDM Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2012 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Great handle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a nice looking and very functional handle and I finally found it. It is very well engineered and build, and looks very good on my radio.
Ernie is a great guy, very professional.
Luca

W5HLP Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 09:55 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ADDITION - Sturdy, well made , outstanding addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a Manhandle for my ICOM 706MkIIG. It is an outstanding product. Well designed and, if this is important to you, designed and made here in the USA by hams. However, regardless of who makes it this is one fine product. When I carry the ICOM on portable operations it is just more secure. It IS NOT going to break. I transport the radio in a Pelican case and I think all I had to do to accompdate the handle was remove one more row of "pick and pull" foam. It would have fit as it was but it was a little tight for my liking.

Again - this is one fine product and although you migth not think it so important, just wait until you have to grab all the gear quickly and get things undercover for a rainstorm or something similar. You want handles and attachemtns that are strong and won't fail. WELL worth the price and shipping and service were great.

PS. Operated boat portable this weekend the Manhandle also made it easier to bungee the rig to the attachments in the cockpit (small sailboat). Perfect addition to a portable operation.

KG4LMZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2011 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent All Around  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I saw ManHandle in a review or advertisement back in the summer. I wanted one but Ernie didn't make one for the Yaesu FT-450 at the time. I sent him an email asking him to let me know if he decided to make one, as I'd snap one up. He replied immediately, letting me know he'd put me on the list. Within about three months, a package shows up at my door with the FT-450 ManHandle in it! On spec! Amazing! Great, very sturdy design. Connects using fastening facilities built into the product, so no modification of the case necesary. Beautifully produced and finished. I immediately sent Ernie a check for the unit. The screws for the rubber feet were a little too small, but I really didn't mind since the radio has little feet on it already. However, Ernie sent me a new set of screws very quickly, and those fit like a charm. All around great product, and Ernie's service is top notch.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2011 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Manhandle - 1st Class  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have known Ernie for several years. He is a truly a first-class machinist who takes great pride in his work. The "Manhandle" is by far the strongest, most comfortable handle for your rig. If you want the ultimate way to carry your rig, this is it.

N2PJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2011 09:24 Send this review to a friend
A Handle on Steroids  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very nice accessory to my new "ruggedized" Icom IC-7200. It complements the radio well and provides a secure a grab and go capability. The quality of the materials is first rate. This is not a wimpy handle. It was a very quick turnaround from time of online purchase. It definitely adds "Field" to a Field Day radio.

WB7X Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2011 22:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ernie KG4YNI has a simple but elegant solution for those hams that want an accessory handle to transport their rigs.

I am using the ManHandle on an IC-7000 and couldn't be happier. The ManHandle is a great improvement over the Icom product.

Before purchase, I had sent several emails to Ernie which were answered promptly.

Orders can be placed through the website.

A more complete review of the ManHandle can be found at: