Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage KP-1/6M In Shack Preamp Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage KP-1/6M In Shack Preamp
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 0.5/5 MSRP: $$150.00
Description: GasFet Preamp, RF switched, for in shack use on 6 meters.
More info: http://www.comdac.com/literature/mirage/kp-1-6m.pdf

You can write your own review of the Mirage KP-1/6M In Shack Preamp.

NM8R Rating: 0/5 Oct 11, 2015 14:00 Send this review to a friend
avoid this pre amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First one arrived dead. Returned it and unfortunately ordered a second one. After connecting it I noted that it raised the noise floor incredibly. I connected it to my spectrum analyzer and noticed that it has a parasitic oscillation just below the 6 meter band. It's strong enough I can hear it in another receiver with a separate nonresonant antenna. This spur can be moved in frequency using the peaking capacitor inside the preamp. If I can't kill this spurious frequency, I will probably gut the unit and use a homebrew preamp and just borrow the RF switching circuitry.

WU0R Rating: 1/5 Jun 6, 2011 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Junk - Typical MFJ  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a piece of crap, then again, it is under the umbrella of MFJ. Hooked this unit in line with my HF/6 radio and in the "off" position or thru position, it won't allow the radio to pass RF on 75 or 160. Odd anomaly. I have to run a separate line for HF and one for 6 meters (VHF) in order to use it at all or to have it in line. Not very robust and good luck on a real manual or instruction sheet.