Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Science Fair\'s {Globe Patrol} Help

Reviews Summary for Science Fair\'s {Globe Patrol}
Science Fair\'s  {Globe Patrol} Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$29.99 @ RS 1970's
Description: 4 Band 3 Transistor Regenerative Receiver
More info: http://www.radioshack.com

You can write your own review of the Science Fair\'s {Globe Patrol}.

KA2AYR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 21:44 Send this review to a friend
Two words: PURE MAGIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was the first shortwave receiver I ever had. I built it when I was in 3rd grade and, when it was all together, one of the first things I heard was the Radio Netherlands interval signal - Eighty Years' War on chimes. It was something completely incredible to hear coming from such a distance to this little box with a piece of wire hanging from the back. Sadly, many of the stations I listened to are gone, but that doesn't detract from the magic this receiver is.

ROBWIN12000 Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2011 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Bought this Globe Patrol radio on Ebay . When the radio was received and was checked out I found a lot of bad solder connections and other problems like a switch in need of cleaning etc . After giving this radio my O.K , I put it back together . I have owned globe patrol receiver before so I know what they are about . The Sensitivity is excellent and I was able to pick up Citizen Band blasting out loud . A lot of other stuff to on the other bands . This receiver's frequency range is from about 540khz to 30mhz . This is a regenerative receiver so the selectivity is poor . I have made a antenna tuner to correct this problem . This radio has only three transistor's and does a great job in loudness and picking up stations . The audio in this radio is by the way of a push and pull amp . It has another transistor for regeneration and there you have 3 transistor total . This radio can be had on Ebay . If you like to repair or fix radios this is a good radio to buy .