Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM 2500 A Help

Reviews Summary for OM 2500 A
OM 2500 A Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $4,000.00 EU
Description: HF auto tune amplifier
More info: http://www.om-power.com/

You can write your own review of the OM 2500 A.

M5LRO Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2014 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Supreme Build Quality that matches performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Here is a product that does not come along all too often. The OM Power 2500A. This is a fully automated tube amplifier that works with most radios offering auto tune and instantaneous band changing capability.

I use this with my Hexbeam for 20-10 and a doublet for the low bands, when on the hex I can band swap ad lib and it just works, it will tune from 80m to 10 mtrs in a flash and your good to go. Makes assisted S & P a breeze, jumping from one band to another a peace of cake. Just click on the cluster with the mouse and the whole station just does a qsy, tunes and you then hit the key, what could be more simple.

The RF deck uses a very rugged and high gain Tetrode offering well in excess of its specified power output courtesy of the massive power supply built into the cabinet which in itself utilises two transformers. The unit is ideally fed with 2 separate phases but will function happily off one phase provided the cables are large enough to carry the current demand.

I have held back writing a review of this product for a while because of teething problems I had regarding communications with the RS232. I use the amplifier with a K3 and that caused some issues regarding coms but Tibi, the owner of OM Power, worked tirelessly on my behalf to improve the product and a new firmware chip to make it right.
Not once from the outset have I had an issue with the amplifier from a Power delivery aspect, in every possible way the PA is stunning, very good figures on the scope and NO RFI issues at all, even testing at high power.

This is quite simply a stunning product made by caring, courteous people, who really do consider the customer as king. Thank-you to Tibi and the guys at OM, I have a power house in the shack which I will never need to replace.

Do I recommend it, OH YES, and what's more with agents like Innovantennas in the UK and Array Solutions in the US, you know OM Power are well represented too.

PY2ADR Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2012 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fired up mine yesterday with my K3. Work´s just great and really automatic. Few issues in how to connect my P3 together. Anyway: strong, beatiful, well finished and of course lot´s of power. 2 kw easy on any band. Completely satisfied so far. 73´s PY2ADR / ZY2C / PR2X

NP2G Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
OM 2500 A
I was looking to replace my Alpha 87-A which has given me many pleasurable years of unflinching service and will probably give it’s new owner the same.

After looking carefully at the field of contenders I found what I was looking for in the OM-2500-A . Simply put this OM-2500-A amplifier is my old Alpha on steroids.

Look at photos of any serious contest station and most likely an OM or 2 or 3 will pop up.

Yes it will produce 3KW + and Yes it will do this all day long. Since it has a robust 4.5KW power supply there is loads of overhead available.

The GU-84-B tube with 2500 watt plate dissipation is a reasonably cost efficient, watt producing, valve. Being a tetrode it exhibits the nice gain characters of this species.

Another benefit, when it eventually comes time to re tube, there is only one tube to purchase .

EBC or Electronic Bias Control is fully functional with this amplifier. It allows for a nice watt saving shut off of between words or between CW characters without distortion.

Integration with the OM Auto amplifier is very easy. It will accept various rig’s CAT control via the RS 232 through put connections.

The addition of rotary knob adjustment’s (Tune /Load) vs. (Up / Down) selection switches are just a nice tactile advantage.

And the amp does work in Manual. The tuning procedure is straight forward and easily duplicated.

Metering is great. The simple addition, along with the normal (2)LED display, of the second Grid display meter ,is far superior to just having a LED light “ALMOST” or Red LED when it is over powered.
Why not display the real values rather than light and guess.

My intentions have always been to have amplifier that will last through the challenges of time. I believe that the OM-2500-A is the answer.

Would I recommend for anyone to purchase the OM-2500-A? Absolutely.

Is there a OM-3500-A in my plans? I guess you will just have to wait for the contest photos to come out.
Ed Baker NP2G