Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | OM 2500 A Help

Reviews Summary for OM 2500 A
OM 2500 A Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $4,000.00 EU
Description: HF auto tune amplifier
More info: http://www.om-power.com/

You can write your own review of the OM 2500 A.

PY2ADR Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2012 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fired up mine yesterday with my K3. Work´s just great and really automatic. Few issues in how to connect my P3 together. Anyway: strong, beatiful, well finished and of course lot´s of power. 2 kw easy on any band. Completely satisfied so far. 73´s PY2ADR / ZY2C / PR2X

NP2G Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
OM 2500 A
I was looking to replace my Alpha 87-A which has given me many pleasurable years of unflinching service and will probably give it’s new owner the same.

After looking carefully at the field of contenders I found what I was looking for in the OM-2500-A . Simply put this OM-2500-A amplifier is my old Alpha on steroids.

Look at photos of any serious contest station and most likely an OM or 2 or 3 will pop up.

Yes it will produce 3KW + and Yes it will do this all day long. Since it has a robust 4.5KW power supply there is loads of overhead available.

The GU-84-B tube with 2500 watt plate dissipation is a reasonably cost efficient, watt producing, valve. Being a tetrode it exhibits the nice gain characters of this species.

Another benefit, when it eventually comes time to re tube, there is only one tube to purchase .

EBC or Electronic Bias Control is fully functional with this amplifier. It allows for a nice watt saving shut off of between words or between CW characters without distortion.

Integration with the OM Auto amplifier is very easy. It will accept various rig’s CAT control via the RS 232 through put connections.

The addition of rotary knob adjustment’s (Tune /Load) vs. (Up / Down) selection switches are just a nice tactile advantage.

And the amp does work in Manual. The tuning procedure is straight forward and easily duplicated.

Metering is great. The simple addition, along with the normal (2)LED display, of the second Grid display meter ,is far superior to just having a LED light “ALMOST” or Red LED when it is over powered.
Why not display the real values rather than light and guess.

My intentions have always been to have amplifier that will last through the challenges of time. I believe that the OM-2500-A is the answer.

Would I recommend for anyone to purchase the OM-2500-A? Absolutely.

Is there a OM-3500-A in my plans? I guess you will just have to wait for the contest photos to come out.
Ed Baker NP2G