Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6
Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Heil Proset Micro PMS-6 "Single Side" - Heil Traveler Single
Side with HC 6 Dynamic Element
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/promicro/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6.

K2GAV Rating: 4/5 Sep 21, 2012 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Works well, comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the single sided version of this headset. The audio quality of the earphone and the microphone are quite acceptable. I have found the mic output level to be noticeable lower than my Kenwood MC-60A (without the mic preamp on). However, within a reasonable increase in mic gain on my TS-940, it works well. I do find I have to close talk the mic to get reasonable output, causing some breathiness in the audio despite the pop filter.

WB5JC Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Investment  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I did a bit of research on what headset/mic combo would go well with my FT-450. As I was about to homebrew with a computer headest, I found an ad for the this new headset. Against some recommendations that this was way too much microphone(beyond the range of the 450's output). I studied it and bought it. The first weekend I had it 86 QSO's. The next contest was over 100 with a stock FT-450 and G5RVjr. I am getting unsolicited audio compliments and breaking pileups I never thought I could. The traveler frame makes for easy wearing for long nights of DX. In short, this is an excellent setup and I would buy it again.