Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6
Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Heil Proset Micro PMS-6 "Single Side" - Heil Traveler Single
Side with HC 6 Dynamic Element
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/promicro/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset Micro Single-Side - 6.

KG7NXH Rating: 2/5 Oct 18, 2016 22:08 Send this review to a friend
Expected much better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, this was a disappointment. I bought the headset primarily for satellite use where it is necessary to hear your return signal from the satellite. I would have been happy if it were as good as my stock TS-2000 mic but the transmitted audio quality is noticeably less clear. I made a couple satellite QSOs and was told my audio sounds distorted. I tweaked the proc and TX EQ settings and it helped but still not very good. On an FM repeater QSO I was told the audio sounded thin and no bass. Again I tweaked the settings with a little improvement. Frequency range of the mic seems quite limited and my TX EQ settings really didn't make much difference - not enough highs or lows to work with. Audio is a bit low in headset as well and lacks bass.

I transmitted on FM and SSB and recorded myself using an SDR receiver. In all cases audio was thinner than stock TS-2000 mic and for some reason SSB had an odd distortion - almost digital sound - to it. FM was clear enough but thin.

I regret wasting about $100 for headset and adapter cables.

K2GAV Rating: 4/5 Sep 21, 2012 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Works well, comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the single sided version of this headset. The audio quality of the earphone and the microphone are quite acceptable. I have found the mic output level to be noticeable lower than my Kenwood MC-60A (without the mic preamp on). However, within a reasonable increase in mic gain on my TS-940, it works well. I do find I have to close talk the mic to get reasonable output, causing some breathiness in the audio despite the pop filter.

WB5JC Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Investment  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I did a bit of research on what headset/mic combo would go well with my FT-450. As I was about to homebrew with a computer headest, I found an ad for the this new headset. Against some recommendations that this was way too much microphone(beyond the range of the 450's output). I studied it and bought it. The first weekend I had it 86 QSO's. The next contest was over 100 with a stock FT-450 and G5RVjr. I am getting unsolicited audio compliments and breaking pileups I never thought I could. The traveler frame makes for easy wearing for long nights of DX. In short, this is an excellent setup and I would buy it again.