Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | BHI GAP HEAR IT DSPKR Help

Reviews Summary for BHI GAP HEAR IT DSPKR
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: The DSPKR DSP noise cancelling speaker incorporates unique DSP technology to remove unwanted background noise and interference from speech and has up to 7 DSP filter levels allowing the user to optimize for their level of noise and interference. The speaker simply connects into the extension speaker socket or headphone socket of your audio equipment and requires 10 - 16 V DC (1A min)
More info: http://www.bhi-ltd.com/index.php/products/noise-cancellation-products/noise-cancellation-speakers/dspkr.html

You can write your own review of the BHI GAP HEAR IT DSPKR.

K4GXS Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Best money I ever spent in Ham Radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the opportunity to 'test drive' most of all of the BHP products and the DSPKG from BHI is the best! It makes listening on the Ham and SWL bands an absolute pleasure and it's on all the time!!

I did find though that it worked a whole lot better on my linear power supply than the switcher!! Could just be my power supply - don't know.

Great product...highly recommend it.

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this a couple of days ago and am really impressed with it. It certainly makes the lower HF bands a pleasure to listen to again! It certainly reduces plasma TV noise to a tolerable level, previously I would have just turned the radio off because of the demented buzzing!

I had bought a MFJ-1025 and that took absolutely ages to set up, even then it wasn't that good. I eventually sold it and the money I got covered the cost of this bhi product.

I have one of two teething issues with it due to RF in the shack, but that's not a failing of the product, just the shack operator. :(

K5NAA Rating: 4/5 Jun 24, 2012 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I find the speaker cuts out even with no change in volume from radio. Otherwise it does make a nice difference SSB.

KC2TRX Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Nice Unit  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I recently purchased the BHI DSPKR to accompany my ICOM 7600, and I'm very pleased with its performance. Good audio, small footprint on my desktop. Its internal DSP filtering works well with the transceiver's; diddling the two produces lots of possible audio combinations. Quality components. I recommend it.

N4VNV Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2011 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Pretty Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been running the GAP Digital Noise Reduction Speaker in my mobile for over 3 years. It does a fine job, only complaint is lack of volume to overcome highway noise on the interstate with all my windows closed. I also got the GAP DNR Module at the same time, it's a piece of junk! I should have put my $189.00 in the garbage can. Example: the fuse holder is low quality plastic, and broke the first time I checked the fuse. It's been in a box 3 years now

GOLDTR8 Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2011 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Can't go mobile with out it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a version of this speaker for over 1 year since I purchased serial number 3 in Dayton in 2010. The combination of the DSP function of the speaker coupled with my IC-7000 in a 2008 Jeep works fantastic. Before the DSPKR was installed I has significant problems listing and running mobile. There are enough setting to match the internal DSP from the radio with the audio of the speaker DSP. Now it is a breeze to use the radio, I can hear clearly!!

Plus the service is unbeatable. One year after I stopped at the booth and gave them my review of the speaker. I had one minor complaint about some distortion and the answer was, I remember you from last year and you bought one of the first 10 and to my astonishment they gave me a new unit and asked to mail sn3 back so they could check it out.

So bottom line its is a great product and the support is just as good.

KD8NNU