Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K8RA P-2jr Help

Reviews Summary for K8RA P-2jr
K8RA P-2jr Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $85.00
Description: The P-2jr is small in size (2" X 2-1/2") and weighs 1 pound (.46 Kg). The base is made from 5/8" thick solid brass stock. The paddle operates as smoothly as the larger paddle.
More info: http://www.k8ra.com/index_012.htm

You can write your own review of the K8RA P-2jr.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2017 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Great key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently found one from an SK estate sale .Simply the best miniature paddle I've used.Look for one,you won't be disappointed.

UA1CEX Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2013 01:19 Send this review to a friend
My favorite paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yesterday, I got my P-2jr. This is a piece of Art! I like it very much. Now, it is my main paddle on the desk. Thank you, Jerry for the great job!
I am very happy.
73 - Victor.

KI8R Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2011 17:26 Send this review to a friend
GREAT COMPLIMENT TO MY 817  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used a P2 for 4 years and just received a P2jr for Christmas. After soldering a connector on to the supplied cable, I sat down and called CQ. Couldn't be happier.

I looked at a number of "portable" keys to go with my 817, but decided on the P-2jr.

Jerry does an excellent job constructing all of his keys. You won't be sorry.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2011 23:57 Send this review to a friend
The perfect portable keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading glowing reports here on eHam for the K8RA series of keyers, and admiring the fine collection of K8RA keyers while at Dayton in May, I finally decided to purchase the P-2jr.
I will be going on vacation to the south of France in December, and was looking for a small but well engineered keyer that I could take with my FT-817 ND, and this one seemed like the best candidate for the job. Man, did I make the right decision...absolutely !!

First off, Jerry is truly a down to earth, genuine craftsman with an impeccable eye for detail. I guess you could say he is the Steve Jobs of keyers. You only need to see pictures of Jerry's hamshack and workshop to know that Jerry is a perfectionist. Everything is precise and perfect.....and this is carried through to his keyers.

I ordered my P-2jr with both of the optional rosewood and oak paddles. It arrived very quickly, and was well packaged to insure it arrived just the way it left Jerry's workshop.
I have made a number of QSO's with this keyer at around 30 wpm, and can acknowledge the excellent engineering that has gone into this keyer. It is smooth, precise and looks simply fantastic sitting on the operating desk. It is just the right weight and size for portable operation, or indeed, is excellent to even use as your main keyer. It is heavy enough that it does not move when operating, yet compact enough to take away on trips.

We need more people like Jerry....

John, ZS5J

K0XY Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 11:08 Send this review to a friend
...small and sweet !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...I purchased the P-2jr on a whim that it might actually be usable as a "main" paddle on my glass operating desk. WELL, IT IS !!! ...my apologies to Jerry for letting the "cat out of the bag" that the jr could work on the main operating desk as a primary paddle...but IT DOES for me.

This paddle is quite small but has a similar 'feel" to a full sized paddle and does not move around on my desk. I DO have a light touch, so those of you with a heavy fist may want to re-consider. The P-2jr is not a "slapper".

The price is right, machining is great, delivery was pronto, works smoothly, adjusts easily, looks good on the desk, sends flawless code, does not move on my glass top desk with a light keying touch, customer support was excellent via email...(have I missed anything ?)

...I'm happy... 5 !!!