Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Vichy VC99 Help

Reviews Summary for Vichy VC99
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $aprox 33
Description: Excellent DVM with 'bar graph'

You can write your own review of the Vichy VC99.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2011 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Very nice indeed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I came across this DVM after reading about it on the Yahoo 'Tek' User's Group. There were many positive comments about it's accuracy and function. Searching eBay, you will find a LOT of sellers for this model. I picked a company that had a sale on them for $31.99 with FREE shipping.
By the way, I have NEVER had a problem with any Chinese supplier. They are very polite, prompt, and pack things well. Not only did this meter come with some high quality probes, it also has a thermocouple. I mention that it has a 'bar graph'. For those unfamiliar with this, it is simply a string of LCD bars that function like an analog meter movement. That way you can do things like an alignment on your favorite boatanchor without having to follow the changing digits. By the way, those digits are BIG!

These may not replace the USA made high $ DVM, but as someone that has lots of meters, you can't go wrong for the $.

I get a charge out of the way our Chinese friends 'copy' the names of USA companies:

Fuke for Fluke
Honeytek for Honeywell / Tektronix
Vichy for Vichay (did I spell ours corectly?)

have fun