Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | ICOM AH-7000 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM AH-7000
ICOM AH-7000 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $206.00 (150 street)
Description: The ICOM AH-7000 discone antenna receives solid from 25 to 1300 MHz! It can also be used for transmit on 50, 144, 430, 900 and 1200 MHz ham bands (under 100W). This stainless steel antenna is 5.5 feet (1.7m) high and attaches to any standard mast (not supplied) with two supplied U-bolts. The AH-7000 comes with a preassembled 50 foot cable with an N connector at each end.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM AH-7000.

WB1GXM Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2010 18:41 Send this review to a friend
excellent 5/5+  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simple! It is very well manufactured, strong, durable, and gives years of great service. My first one is on a bank of 4 high performance scanners on an ICE splitter. Great combo. For my second bank of scanners I added a second ICE splitter and 7000ah. Reception is great on all bands. I listen to many emergencies and all of the services connected to the event. Nice to get all of the details from an antenna built to look storms in the eye. Got my second one new for $110 de HRO and free shipping new shipped to my door! For the price only one way to go. It gets a 5/5
WB1GXM

OE1SOW Rating: 3/5 Apr 28, 2009 13:53 Send this review to a friend
this is no ICOM antenna...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought an AH-7000 and a Diamond D-130NJ.
Unpacked it and was a little bit surprised to see 2 identical antennas.
Not just "about the same" antenna..no...really exactly the same !
In DL the AH-7000 costs about 260,- Euro, the D-130NJ about 85,- Euro !
How can someone write a review, that the AH-7000 outperforms the other discones like the D-130,
when it is exactly the same ???

But no question, the antenna ist good !
But very, very overpriced !

If you need a good discone, go and buy the D-130NJ, if you don't need the cable. The cable isn't worth the 180,- Euro difference...

by !
Othmar, OE1SOW

AUSSIE Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2007 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got 4 ICOMAH-7000 Discones and there performance is excellent and i also have the COMET-DS3000/DIAMOND-D150 and i use to have the DIAMOND-D130 and they do not match the ICOM when it comes to reciving signals and it does cost more than other discones but you do get 50 feet of good quality cable & 2 N type connectors.I have had other discones but its no point buying something that doesnt perform and i will be replacing all my other discones in the near future.

Regards Lino.

AUSSIE Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2006 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Discone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello,I am from Australia and I own 2 ICOM-AH7000
Discone antennas and a DIAMOND-D150 discone antenna and I had a few discone antennas in the past but the ICOM is in my opinion the best discone antenna on the market and I also ran side by side against other discone antenna and I
used the Belden-9913 cable with the other discone
and I left the original cable with the ICOM and the AH7000 came up the best.

LEM Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2005 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Quality Discone !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Is one of the Finest Discone Antennas on the Market Today, along with Diamond, which builds this Version for iCOM,,,I give it High Marks in Regards To It's Receive Performance usind a Scanner, Which is Excellent,,Pulling in even quite distant signals..The Build Design which is Excellent,,quality Stainless Steel Parts on Most all of the antenna,,Longer Elements are Tooled Hollow steel,Which Is Stronger against bending in winds than bar stock thin rod steel,,Fit and finish are very very good !!Employs the Low-Loss N-Type Connector !!...I do not transmit so I can't rate it there,,But You Can Not go Wrong for Scanner-Receiving Performance for the Broad Band Coverage,,Great Work iCOM and Diamond !!!!

HB3YGL Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2003 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Top  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sehr gute Empfangsantenne in Kombination
mit RXTX Breitbandvorverstärker
Sendesseitig getestet 144/430/900 Mhz
mit guten Ergebnissen

K9KJM Rating: 3/5 Apr 4, 2002 03:14 Send this review to a friend
POOR VALUE  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Icom Discone antenna is vastly overpriced. Other brands sell the same antenna for lots less money. I have had several, and they do fly apart in high winds...... And offer no gain..... only wide bandwidth, for a scanner type receiver. A MUCH better antenna for this application is the old Channel Master series, for a lot less money. (And I like Icom equipment, But the facts are this antenna is not one of Icom's good products) After problems with my first one, I contacted Icom, Who would not stand behind it. I will still buy Icom radios,
but not any more of these antennas!

G0CPK Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2000 16:51 Send this review to a friend
only two small gripes otherwise a great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an Icom AH-7000 on the chimney of my last property, thats about 35 ft high. hooked up to an IC-R7000. I bought the two together just after they were introduced and rate both very highly. the only problems with the antenna are dependent on your sittuation. if you have srong winds then don't mount it on the roof as the howls it makes are terrifying. If you have a bird problem be prepared to loose the vertical whip section.
This is a broadband antenna which offers no gain as such but if you use it as intended (with a scanner) I don't think you'll be dissapointed

WA4PQD Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2000 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Massive Cool  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great choice for an Omni -- Works well rcv and xmit.
Excellent SWR on 2meters. Easy to assemble, good materials used. Comes w/ 50ft of coax and N-connector. Another mfg
makes one very similar if you don't want to buy the coax.