Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Sony MDR-ZX100 Help

Reviews Summary for Sony MDR-ZX100
Sony MDR-ZX100 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $19.99
Description: Perfect for in the studio, on the streets or at home, these on-ear MDR-ZX100 ZX Series stereo headphones feature quality components; extra comfortable, cushioned earpads and a noise-canceling, supra-aural design—all at an unbeatable value. High-energy neodymium magnets, 30mm drivers and multi-layer dome diaphragms combine to provide serious sound quality, while swivel earcups add collapsible convenience.
More info: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MDRZX100/BLK

You can write your own review of the Sony MDR-ZX100.

K4TIN Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2017 06:16 Send this review to a friend
Cant Tell Difference...  Time owned: more than 12 months
.....between these and "higher ups" in both prestige and price. All I listen to is beep beeps on my Elecraft anyway. It is perfectly adequate for this. About 12 bucks--own 2.

F5MWW Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2012 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Comfortable even with glasses  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this headphone for 20 €. More comfortable than my old Kenwood HS-6 @ 89 € ! Good sound quality in CW and SSB with my TS-850S. 73' de F5MWW

KI6USW Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2012 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Best phones for $20/less  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Considering they are only $20, these are fine headphones. They are light and fit my melon head just fine. OF course, they don't hold a candle to the MDR-7506's I have. But they beat their competition in this price class. If you break these, you will cry because you lost a decent set of phones and not so much the $20 you paid.

Bought them because the 7506's need a pair of ear cushions. That - and the fact that my cat liked the flavor of the wires. I'll fix these 7506's but keep these ZX100's as a backup pair.

Perfect for Amateur radio apps.
The price is nice.

AC0X Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 11:48 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT cans for the broke and/or cheap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok so you're all cashed out and you've used up all your attaboys/attagirls from the xyl/xym from buying that new rig (or you just don't have a spare benjamin lying around) but you need some new cans. Check the ZX100 out. Light weight, easy to wear for long periods of time, good clear sound without the heavy low end that a lot of non-communications headphones have. Plus they're cheap (~$20) and you can find them ANYWHERE. No they're not built like they'll last a 100 years and no you can't adjust phase spacing like you can with the sets from That Guy Who's Best Buddies with Joe Walsh. But if had the money for one of those you wouldn't be reading reviews for these ;). But in this price range they're an excellent choice. Also take some of the reviews you see on non-ham sites for these with a bit of a grain of salt. You'll see people complaining about the chord length, but since most of us use these literally sitting in front of the radio and not dancing around a room not a big deal. And you'll also see complaints about a lack of bass, and although that may be true, for us thats a good thing, it avoids the audio mushiness that can make copy difficult. And anyway, THEYRE $20 CANS, NOT A $200 "WONDER-SET"! :) :)
Get one. Even if you already have that Wonder-Set get one as the set you bring with you when you operate Field Day so you can leave your three-digit headphones at home. You won't regret it.

KJ4I Rating: 4/5 Aug 19, 2011 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a pair of these at WalMart for $19.95. I mostly picked these up as an extra pair to my Sony MDR-V150's. These are great phones and sound excellent to my ear on hf. I use these on a Yaesu FT-950. They work and sound just as good as the V150 and are just as comfortable. The only reason I gave this particular model a 4 rather than a 5 is that the cord is a little on the short side but not to the point that it unusable. Also it doesn't come with the 1/4 adapter. The MDR-V150 has a much longer cord and comes with the adapter however I'm not sure Sony still makes that model anymore. Other than those two minor issues this is a great product for the price.

KB9SKX Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2011 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Sound better than myYaesu YH-77sta  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the Sony MDR-ZX100 with my FT-950. They sound better then my Yaesu YH-77sta headphones which were my favorite until I tried the Sony's. The best part is that they only cost $20. They are very light and comfortable. Another nice thing is that the cord is nice and short so it doesn't get in the way. You will however need a 1/4" adapter which you can pick up at Radio Shack if you don't already have one. 73 KB9SKX