Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Array Solutions Bandmaster III Universal Radio Band Decoder Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Bandmaster III Universal Radio Band Decoder
Array Solutions Bandmaster III Universal Radio Band Decoder Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329
Description: Small but Powerful, this Band Decoder has more features then
any Band decoder made and it even costs less then the
closest competitor. Now that's a great deal! Made in the
USA and supported for life.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/bandmaster.htm#top of page

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Bandmaster III Universal Radio Band Decoder.

K6RB Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2013 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the Bandmaster III with the Array Solutions bandpass filter III and an Eight PAK switch. It's part of an SO2R station featuring a pair of K3/P3 radios and Alpha 87A and KPA-500 amps. The goal was to switch a band on either K3 and have the proper BPF and antenna always be selected automatically. Having the switch, BPF system and decoder all ShackLAN compatible simplies things immensely. The system has been in use for over two years, now, and has been really robust.

W8BLA Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2013 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Still excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Update to my previous review I now have two of the Bandmaster III and two each of the Bandpassers and Bandpasser -WARC's and waiting for my Final step in the SO2R setup, being the eight pak With that I will be fully automatic and have the ability to automatically or manually control all the radios and antennas connections on the fly Touch the band on the K3 and everything follows. These are really amazing coupled with the Bandpassers .The isolation is great I see nothing and I hear nothing on the other K3 no matter where its parked! The service from the guys at Array is the best If your wanting an SO2R done right - Call them!

NN4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2011 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Bandmaster III works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed one of the bandmaster III units to control 2 cascaded ratpack relays (also from Array Solutions). One of them is mounted just outside the shack and it selects one of 4 antennas so I have just one coax coming in to the shack. One of the four antennas is a 5 band quad and I use the other ratpack to select the appropriate loop or band on the quad. The bandmaster allowed me to eliminate both of the manual switches for the ratpacks and automatically select the correct combination for any 1 of the 8 bands. I built a small cabling enclosure to make the wiring easier and support the logic (5 diodes for the quad) to control the 2 ratpacks. I included quick disconnects on the ratpack cables so I can still plug in the manual switches if I want.

I canít count the number of times I had one of the switches set wrong when rushing to switch bands.

Thanks for a great product. Al / NN4ZZ

K6RB Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 15:12 Send this review to a friend
good partner with EightPak  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use two of these with an Eight Pak to automatically switch bandpass filters and send antenna info to the Eight Pak. They work flawlessly.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2011 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use two of these with matching Filtermax III's and they work flawlessly in my SO2R setup. Quality inside and out. Setup is as easy as it gets. Their new 4 wire control system makes it easy to setup your station for complete automatic switching. Array Solutions makes quality equipment and stands by it with excellent support.