Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR140BNMO Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR140BNMO
Diamond NR140BNMO Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$49.95
Description: 220 Mhz Mobile Antenna. 100 watts, 3.8 Dbi. 1 1/2 + 3/8. 36.2 inches in height with foldover capability
More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/Product_Catalog/mobile.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR140BNMO.

AA5AZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2012 04:56 Send this review to a friend
Looks and works great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Even though it's a compact car, it's a classy car and I'm worried about the appearance. I found this antenna at a hamfest and it was a brand new antenna in the package sleeve. I paid $10 for it!

The antenna works great! I use a Kenwood TH-F6A @ 5 watts and this antenna really makes my 5 watts feel like 20 or 30! The difference between this and a rubber ducky is enormous! I live 30 miles from our repeater and I'm at the "edge of the string." I regularly get signal reports back into the repeater saying "You're slamming it!"

Yesterday, I purchased a 10/150w Lunar Electronics amp at our local hamfest and I'm looking forward to the performance. In fact, that was what I was doing here this morning, checking on the the max wattage rating and everywhere I can find on Google is stating this is a 200 watt antenna!

KD4GIE Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2011 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just recently purchased a new truck. I had the diamond 2m/440 NR770HNMO antenna on the old truck for 15 years. The antenna withstood a great deal of abuse from tree limbs. Never had a problem. Purchased the same antenna for the new ride and new radio. Also added a radio for 220 mhz. Paired the NR140BNMO antenna with the 2m/440 on the roof with about 24 inches of separation. SWR is flat out of the package. The performance is great. The antenna is hard mounted on the roof. Feel free to look up my callsign and drop an e-mail if anyone has any questions.