Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4275MV Help

Fault Warning LED Indicator
Multiple Output Connector:
75A 5-Way Binding Post
40A 5-Way Binding Post
35A Anderson Power Poles (2 pairs)
15A Cigarette Lighter Socket
10A Quick Connect Terminals (2 pairs)
MightyLite - only 10.5 lbs (package weighs more)
One year No Matter What Limited Warranty
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-4275mv

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4275MV.

W1WOW Rating: 0/5 Sep 4, 2014 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed...wanted it to work - Returned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted to love this power supply, really wanted it to work out. - but the Hash across the bands made operation impossible. It's hash that moves up and down the bands (most all) so you can't run from it. Sure it's light weight, lots of connectors on the front, and a smaller footprint, but Hash just blew up the receiver. (Icom IC-7200 & Tokyo HL-450b). I purchased the Astron 70m and love it.

N5DSJ Rating: 0/5 Jun 16, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Does not work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After MFJ sending me four 4275mv power supplies and still with the noise connected or not connected and
i see they don't care about their quality just quantity.they got the last penny from me and i will tell every on i know.Now when i call they see my
name and will not answer.If you are looking for a
new P/S go somewhere else

KB3TNZ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Good so far  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this unit for about 3 years now.No issues to date.No voltage spikes.No RF hash I can detect.Maybe I'm one of the lucky few hams with no problems with MFJ products.They fill a unique niche in the marketplace,stuff that no one else would consider offering.Yes,the fan can be noisy but rarely comes on telling me that the rig is easily keeping up with the load.I run an IC-9100 with it as well as 144 and 432 preamps and several accessories with no issues.

NA4MM Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2014 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my for over a year now and I use it with my ALS-500M amp. and LDG AT-1000 Autotuner. I have had no problems other than the fan noise. I use it just about every day and I have no problems with it and my FT-1000mp Mark V field.

NA4MM Paul

KI6ZAP Rating: 2/5 Jul 19, 2013 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sold mine and replaced with a Astron 70A and have had no problem since.

VK3AFB Rating: 3/5 Jul 19, 2013 00:11 Send this review to a friend
HashSQUASH™ Does not work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this one from my local ham radio shop to use with my HL-450B and like others I found that it put noise on the band. This is very clear on my PAN adapter and NaP3 waterfall display. My work around was to attach my SLA battery to the supplied battery terminals and if I happen to be on a frequency with Hash I'd lower the voltage until the Hash went away which meant I was running on batteries and I'd turn it up the voltage again when I wanted to transmit.

I mentioned this problem to my local supplier and he said MJF had sent him some parts to fix this issue. A couple of resistors 2 x 8.2 Ohm 10W to place across the output, and some blue Caps or MOVs to replace on the supply input filter.

Unfortunately - it did not work.

In retrospect - wonder if I would have been better to have a large 100Ah SLA and a charger.

KI6ZAP Rating: 0/5 Dec 5, 2012 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Worst supply ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this supply from another ham who was selling for a SK, I bought it sight unseen. I want to throw it in the trash but I paid good money for it. It totally blocks out all signal. I turn it off I can hear what it being said. I use a Ameritron 500 amp on it. I have moved across the room with same results. I can see the noise when I use my digital software. It rises and falls, looks like a AC sinewave. I have put ferrites on the AC and DC lines with no luck. I put the amp on my Astron 35 and it was quiet, so I know its not the amp.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2012 06:42 Send this review to a friend
GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two of these PS used to power for two amplifiers brought my first on about 2+ years ago the last on about 9 months ago, did open both up and checked them out, no problems that I could see.
The older one did have the light go out behind the meters, did not replace it because where it is used would rather not have the meters lit anyway. I checked the power supply out when I got them for RF hash, they both work fine in my systems, maybe MFJ left out some of the chokes in the latest ones hmmm!...........KB6HRT

WB4LCN Rating: 1/5 Jan 8, 2012 18:52 Send this review to a friend
RF Hash :(  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought, this past Friday, this MFJ PS to use with my new TS-480HX. I could not operate 40 through 15 for the loud RF Hash through out the bands. I set the PS as far as I could from the transceiver and antenna tuner, but still loud RF Hash.

I wish this PS was like the Alinco DM-330 with a control to tune out the noise.

Will more than handle the load, but creates lots of noise. I'll be taking it back to the candy store in the AM.

W7PM Rating: 2/5 Jan 5, 2012 22:11 Send this review to a friend
Not as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my 75 Amp Switching supply and began a week long test. I bought it asa ALS-500 watts solid state amp addition.
I first noticed that the unit hum and buzzed (even without puttinhg any load on the unit). Once hooked up to a load, the hum would deminish, only to return under a higher load.
I will say the PS worked with full output and current as designed, however, the RF HASH across both my HF Radios was very noticiable on 75 40 and also some on 15 meters. So the MFJ claim that the unit doesn't tx hash over HF freqs, is untrue. It's svery noisey. I will say that I am suprised at how MFJ has beging to fall apart as a company, and their workmanship keeps going down the toilet.