Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4275MV Help

Fault Warning LED Indicator
Multiple Output Connector:
75A 5-Way Binding Post
40A 5-Way Binding Post
35A Anderson Power Poles (2 pairs)
15A Cigarette Lighter Socket
10A Quick Connect Terminals (2 pairs)
MightyLite - only 10.5 lbs (package weighs more)
One year No Matter What Limited Warranty
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-4275mv

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4275MV.

N7BOO Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 02:41 Send this review to a friend
Great PWR Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well …. let’s see, I purchased an MFJ-4275MV, it arrived on time, packaging/carton excellent, no rattles, fired right up. Now about the RF hash that some are reporting. I haven’t had any RF hash issues period. I use the power supply for VHF/UHF/HF, and I haven’t experienced a single RF hash issue of any kind. YES, I know what RF hash is and sounds like after 35 years of being a Ham.

The problem with a lot of folks is that is they mistake where the RF hash is really coming from and inadvertently blame the power supply, or simply because it carries the MFJ name.

All those computer monitors, PC’s, routers, SWR/Watt Meters, auto tuners, frequency counters, sound card interfaces, weather stations, police scanners, 50 inch TV’s, entertainment equipment, other ham accessory gear, and other devices you own, generate noise/RF hash. Don’t forget all those damn unregulated wall warts that come with all this ham gear and entertainment equipment you purchased, they all generate more noise/RF hash than a freight train at midnight running through a monastery.

So don’t be so quick to blame your MFJ-4275MV switching power supply, unplug all that other RF generating equipment first, and by the way, check to see how much RF hash your neighbor is generating, like police scanners hooked up to an outdoor antenna. By the way don't overlook the dollar stores automatic doors that put out RF hash everytime the doors open and close, they even set off radar detectors.

N7BOO

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 01:35 Send this review to a friend
No noise issues.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must have lucked out, as I have no increase in noise using the MFJ-4275MV. I bought mine because a friend had one without any problems. It runs my ALS500 at full power, when I need to use the amplifier in a fixed location.

W1WOW Rating: 0/5 Sep 4, 2014 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed...wanted it to work - Returned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted to love this power supply, really wanted it to work out. - but the Hash across the bands made operation impossible. It's hash that moves up and down the bands (most all) so you can't run from it. Sure it's light weight, lots of connectors on the front, and a smaller footprint, but Hash just blew up the receiver. (Icom IC-7200 & Tokyo HL-450b). I purchased the Astron 70m and love it.

N5DSJ Rating: 0/5 Jun 16, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Does not work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After MFJ sending me four 4275mv power supplies and still with the noise connected or not connected and
i see they don't care about their quality just quantity.they got the last penny from me and i will tell every on i know.Now when i call they see my
name and will not answer.If you are looking for a
new P/S go somewhere else

KB3TNZ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Good so far  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this unit for about 3 years now.No issues to date.No voltage spikes.No RF hash I can detect.Maybe I'm one of the lucky few hams with no problems with MFJ products.They fill a unique niche in the marketplace,stuff that no one else would consider offering.Yes,the fan can be noisy but rarely comes on telling me that the rig is easily keeping up with the load.I run an IC-9100 with it as well as 144 and 432 preamps and several accessories with no issues.

NA4MM Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2014 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my for over a year now and I use it with my ALS-500M amp. and LDG AT-1000 Autotuner. I have had no problems other than the fan noise. I use it just about every day and I have no problems with it and my FT-1000mp Mark V field.

NA4MM Paul

KI6ZAP Rating: 2/5 Jul 19, 2013 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sold mine and replaced with a Astron 70A and have had no problem since.

VK3AFB Rating: 3/5 Jul 19, 2013 00:11 Send this review to a friend
HashSQUASH™ Does not work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this one from my local ham radio shop to use with my HL-450B and like others I found that it put noise on the band. This is very clear on my PAN adapter and NaP3 waterfall display. My work around was to attach my SLA battery to the supplied battery terminals and if I happen to be on a frequency with Hash I'd lower the voltage until the Hash went away which meant I was running on batteries and I'd turn it up the voltage again when I wanted to transmit.

I mentioned this problem to my local supplier and he said MJF had sent him some parts to fix this issue. A couple of resistors 2 x 8.2 Ohm 10W to place across the output, and some blue Caps or MOVs to replace on the supply input filter.

Unfortunately - it did not work.

In retrospect - wonder if I would have been better to have a large 100Ah SLA and a charger.

KI6ZAP Rating: 0/5 Dec 5, 2012 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Worst supply ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this supply from another ham who was selling for a SK, I bought it sight unseen. I want to throw it in the trash but I paid good money for it. It totally blocks out all signal. I turn it off I can hear what it being said. I use a Ameritron 500 amp on it. I have moved across the room with same results. I can see the noise when I use my digital software. It rises and falls, looks like a AC sinewave. I have put ferrites on the AC and DC lines with no luck. I put the amp on my Astron 35 and it was quiet, so I know its not the amp.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2012 06:42 Send this review to a friend
GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two of these PS used to power for two amplifiers brought my first on about 2+ years ago the last on about 9 months ago, did open both up and checked them out, no problems that I could see.
The older one did have the light go out behind the meters, did not replace it because where it is used would rather not have the meters lit anyway. I checked the power supply out when I got them for RF hash, they both work fine in my systems, maybe MFJ left out some of the chokes in the latest ones hmmm!...........KB6HRT