Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4275MV Help

Fault Warning LED Indicator
Multiple Output Connector:
75A 5-Way Binding Post
40A 5-Way Binding Post
35A Anderson Power Poles (2 pairs)
15A Cigarette Lighter Socket
10A Quick Connect Terminals (2 pairs)
MightyLite - only 10.5 lbs (package weighs more)
One year No Matter What Limited Warranty
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-4275mv

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4275MV.

N4PAL Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2016 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The early versions of this power supply did not get the filter that has ben update by the factory. I have had this one in operation for 3 months.
Overall this power supply has been a great performer with no hash noise on any bands.
The difference I see internally is the placement of two very large iron core chokes - one around all positive wires and negative wires leading into the main internal voltage connection board. I tested with with scope and see almost noting across spectrum. I suggest that anyone have a noise issue should install the cores. Assume value.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2016 22:12 Send this review to a friend
Nice !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been using one to power my Ameritron ALS-500M in the shack for about a year now and have experienced no issues whatsoever.

N5MNO Rating: 1/5 Jan 25, 2016 18:06 Send this review to a friend
hash on bands  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get a 360 hash sound on all bands..tried an isolated gnd and dedicated 120vac no help its in the supply comes and goes terrible. would not recommend

WA4RX Rating: 0/5 Dec 5, 2015 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Do not recommend purchasing  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second one. The first was replaced my MFJ. It is not as bad as the first one but still sends pulsating signals over 80, 40, 20, 15 and 12 meters. I isolated everything in the shack and still had a problem. I took it to FL where I winter and it keep on doing the same thing. I am only sorry that it is too light to use as a boat anchor.
I am not selling it as I do not want to wish the problem on anyone else.

NZ8J Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2015 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Make sure....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used these power supplies over the past few years to power an ALS-500 and always had good results with minimal to no "hash" noticed in the receiver, certainly not to the degree of rendering the receiver useless. A few years ago I sold one to an individual who emailed that it was putting out so much hash he couldn't use it. I was bewildered but told him to send it back for a refund. Shortly after he emailed that he hadn't noticed the warning not to use the rear terminals to power the radio, that they were for battery charging. Just saying, make sure the front terminals are used to power the radio. Not saying its the issue in this instance but I thought it a good time to mention it.
I rated it a 4 and not 5 simply due To the occasional fan rattle, it could be smoother.
Tim NZ8J

W0DLR Rating: 0/5 May 31, 2015 18:24 Send this review to a friend
RF Hash  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had two of these, they replaced the first one with another new one, which is just like the first one....hash up and down the bands. I have sent them an email asking for them to do something with it or about it. It produces the power ok the run the ALS500 but it isn't much good when the receiver is rendered useless. Rig is a TS450s btw.
Hopefully they can hit upon something to make them work.

N7BOO Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 02:41 Send this review to a friend
Great PWR Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well Ö. letís see, I purchased an MFJ-4275MV, it arrived on time, packaging/carton excellent, no rattles, fired right up. Now about the RF hash that some are reporting. I havenít had any RF hash issues period. I use the power supply for VHF/UHF/HF, and I havenít experienced a single RF hash issue of any kind. YES, I know what RF hash is and sounds like after 35 years of being a Ham.

The problem with a lot of folks is that is they mistake where the RF hash is really coming from and inadvertently blame the power supply, or simply because it carries the MFJ name.

All those computer monitors, PCís, routers, SWR/Watt Meters, auto tuners, frequency counters, sound card interfaces, weather stations, police scanners, 50 inch TVís, entertainment equipment, other ham accessory gear, and other devices you own, generate noise/RF hash. Donít forget all those damn unregulated wall warts that come with all this ham gear and entertainment equipment you purchased, they all generate more noise/RF hash than a freight train at midnight running through a monastery.

So donít be so quick to blame your MFJ-4275MV switching power supply, unplug all that other RF generating equipment first, and by the way, check to see how much RF hash your neighbor is generating, like police scanners hooked up to an outdoor antenna. By the way don't overlook the dollar stores automatic doors that put out RF hash everytime the doors open and close, they even set off radar detectors.

N7BOO

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 01:35 Send this review to a friend
No noise issues.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must have lucked out, as I have no increase in noise using the MFJ-4275MV. I bought mine because a friend had one without any problems. It runs my ALS500 at full power, when I need to use the amplifier in a fixed location.

W1WOW Rating: 0/5 Sep 4, 2014 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed...wanted it to work - Returned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted to love this power supply, really wanted it to work out. - but the Hash across the bands made operation impossible. It's hash that moves up and down the bands (most all) so you can't run from it. Sure it's light weight, lots of connectors on the front, and a smaller footprint, but Hash just blew up the receiver. (Icom IC-7200 & Tokyo HL-450b). I purchased the Astron 70m and love it.

N5DSJ Rating: 0/5 Jun 16, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Does not work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After MFJ sending me four 4275mv power supplies and still with the noise connected or not connected and
i see they don't care about their quality just quantity.they got the last penny from me and i will tell every on i know.Now when i call they see my
name and will not answer.If you are looking for a
new P/S go somewhere else