Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP DigiMaster PRO+ Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP DigiMaster PRO+
G4ZLP DigiMaster PRO+ Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $134.99 / 79.99 / 99.99
Description: Unleash the FULL power of Ham Radio Deluxe!
Does all the CAT and DATA modes that are supported by HRD and more.
Works with all other CAT and DATA software inc MixW, DigiPan etc. Provides 2 comports, which ensures that the interface can be configured to work with any combination of CAT and DATA software and remote operation software such as IRBHost etc.

More info: http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/DM_PRO_PLUS_complete.shtml

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP DigiMaster PRO+.

K9JAJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2014 09:37 Send this review to a friend
LOVE IT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This item came highly recommended from a friend whose opinion I value unquestionably. If Ken says "It's Good" then it's good. Ken said "It's Good."
Ken did not lie.

All cables were clearly labeled and as far as instructions go, those are readily available right on the website.

Setup is pretty much a No brainer and for someone like me with no brain, that works!

I had two occasions where things mysteriously stopped working. I thought "Crap, don't tell me this thing is broke already!"

BOTH times it turned out to be something other than the Pro+.

So, the question is, would I recommend this.
Absolutely.

Ken doesn't lie.
Neither do I.

Thanks Neil for a great experience!

JT1CS Rating: 1/5 May 23, 2014 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought Digimaster pro+ and with the help of Neil I was able to operate on RTTY and PSK31 using HRD. But after a couple of month of light operation the Pro+ quit working. Send it back to England for repair. Neil checked and said the unit is working OK. So, he send it back to me. I paid for shipping both ways. When it arrived I hooked it up but it didn't worked. Now, the unit sitting in my storage as a junk. So disappointing.

G4POP Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2013 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Digimaster Pro Three  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great interface and very reasonably priced does it all, CAT, Data, FSK and built in Winkeyer emulation.

K2FEF Rating: 1/5 Sep 11, 2013 10:01 Send this review to a friend
U R ON YOUR OWN  Time owned: more than 12 months
little to no instructions - not one wire marked (color coded), NO help from neil (G4ZLP), you are basically on your own if you go with ANY of his products.

MM6WBJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already have several units from G4ZLP, never had any problems with them until this unit.

Very quick delivery next day from Neil, tested unit to enable com ports, couldnt get the unit to switch on and stay on. Emailed Neil and within the hour had a reply back stating he was sending out a replacement box and would I return my fauly box, this was duly done.

Within a day had another box which worked flawlessly, now using HRD and Data together all from one box, driver installation was a breeze couldnt get HRD to recognise my Yaesu FT-857D at first, that was my fault didnt configure com port.

Have made several contacts in Europe on JT65, to say I am pleased with the DigiMaster PRO+ is an understatement. Just remember to read the instructions properly and you shouldnt get much problems.

Thanks Neil for such good support and very quick deliveries

K3STV Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2013 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Works great, solid construction, generous support  Time owned: more than 12 months
This interface has taken my HF activity to new highs as it makes possible contacts that would otherwise be impossible for my modest station. I've had it since 2010 and it has worked with no troubles. I recently made the mistake of moving the interface to another rig and could not for the life of me figure out what I did to make it not work. Neil worked with me until he solved the problem - I had plugged one of the connectors in backwards. Neil gave me this product support several years beyond the stated 1 year warrantee. You're going to appreciate this product and the stand-up guy who makes it.

VA3BXG Rating: 2/5 Feb 25, 2013 09:52 Send this review to a friend
product good, support less so  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Got the product and tried installing it on my corp. laptop. It did not work. I reached out to neil, and the end result was an email which said . Oh you 'must have a firewall and that is why it isn't working. Try another laptop' 'it worked before it was shipped out' not what I call as 'great' support. Now the firewall (I did turn it off and try again to connect with little success) maybe an issue. But with little guidence from neil, you are basicly on your own if you go with this product.

Well first of all he did not even try to see what the issue was. Just an assumption, becuase he tested and it 'worked' (not everyone has the same hardware). Not even a small effort to try to trace down the issue.

Disappointed

G8NOF Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2012 01:12 Send this review to a friend
New ProTwo Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great piece of kit and lower in price than lots of others. I was looking for a data inteface for my ICOM 756 pro 3, but I wanted just one interface for both CAT (to control the rig) and also for data modes but with one USB connection to my PC. This unit is perfect and all the leads are supplied for your chosen rig. Worked out of the box and the instructions are excellent but as Neil says you must follow them precisely.
Would recomend this unit to anyone in a similar situation to myself. BTW I use HRD and DM780.
Regards to all.

4Z4OQ Rating: 1/5 Jun 12, 2012 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Be Aware  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Be Aware!!

Digimaster will not work in with MixW and real FSK mode. Although the well declare that it works under MixW its limited and Neil not publish it.

He also deleting this info from his web feed-back page (see attached)

If you are interested in MixW and real FSK shop for something different and ask first..!!

G7VKZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2012 12:08 Send this review to a friend
New ProTwo Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These are really as good as they get.
Now the new "DigiMaster ProTwo" is out, ALL data modes
* AFSK
* FSK
* CW
* Built in CAT Interface
* Built in SOUNDCARD

ALL IN ONE BOX !
AND IT WAS ALL A DODDLE to set up - even for me! You rarely see or get service or value for money like this nowadays.