Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Woodbox Radio Switchbox Help

Reviews Summary for Woodbox Radio Switchbox
Woodbox Radio Switchbox Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $155
Description: SwitchBox is a automatic T/R switch senses transmitted RF and switches your
antenna from receive to transmit using a relay. It shorts your receiver antenna
input to ground to protect your receiver. Instead of using RF sense to switch the
antenna, a control line input lets your key/keyer or PTT line switch the antenna.
Works on all modes -- CW, AM, SSB, FM, and digital modes.
More info: http://www.woodboxradio.com/uk/Switchbox.html

You can write your own review of the Woodbox Radio Switchbox.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 0/5 Jul 25, 2012 16:44 Send this review to a friend
does not always do what it was supposed to do  Time owned: more than 12 months
This product is advertised to work essentially with any TX. Well, not really all o them. With a tube rig by Drake I have no problem, but using my favorite rig by AEG Telefunken I have to forget digital modes, CW, PSK, etc. Yes, the RF Sensing works terribly. It works together with the PTT. In practice is switches on and off furiously. Using the internal autotuner without PTT using just the RF sense makes this Switchbox crazy. More, It likely changes the impedance as the power of the rig using autotuner with PTT in SSB is on 12meters lower by 10-15%.

Concluding, it might work in some cases not in my case. I will look again to the old trusty MFJ next time for such devices.

W2NLS Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2011 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Nice Accessory!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this to help me receive on my Flex-Radio 1500 while transmitting on my Icom 756 Pro III. This gives me the benefits of SDR on receive with 100 watts (instead of 5) on transmit. I am using Ham Radio Deluxe to monitor both xcvrs and to shadow the tuning of the Flex on the 756.

This Switchbox was very simple to hookup. The only caveat is the long delivery time from Italy to the US but that is hardly Woodbox's fault. Also they just supply a connector for power (no cord or supply). The back of the unit does not show the polarity of the plug. Nor is it called out in the manual's specs area. However, the somewhat fuzzy schematic diagram showed it was +12V on the tip so all went well.

I also like that this switches the audio as well as the antenna. So if, for example, I want to use the 756's monitor function on transmit to hear CW or PSK tones it will easily allow me to do that too.

I have it set to sense RF input and automatically switch. It can also use a PTT line to sense. It is small and compact, looks nice and does its job very well! Highly recommended.