Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT-ERIDAN Help

Reviews Summary for CT-ERIDAN
CT-ERIDAN Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $TBD
Description: "new" Magnetic Return paddle (Summer 2011) from Yuri, UR5CDX
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com

You can write your own review of the CT-ERIDAN.

W0CCA Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Craftsmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the CT-599 first, because I like the magnetic low profile format, first purchased as the NorCal paddle kit, and Vibroplex calls it the Code Warrior. But make no mistake, the UR5CDX product is MILES above those paddles, similar only because it uses a similar approach. In fact I probably should not mention the former in the same review. Yuri's workmanship is just excellent. So many of the custom paddle makers adhere to the square machinist look, primarily because it is less part finishing, but Yuris paddles are works of art. After being very satisfied with the CT599, I could have stopped. But I got the Eridan chrome finish because I now knew how good these things were. The Eridan is just a museum piece. Carefully shaped parts and curves, just fun to look at. The chrome finish is outstanding. The action is great. The levers are a little shorter than the CT599 and the fulcrum at a different spot and the bearings smaller, so I would say the start/stop mass is much less, and I find it to be very accurate, even when I practice at 40 wpm (despite no QSOs available anymore at that speed). I left the contact settings as they arrived and backed out the magnet to a very light touch. Perfect for me. I have a W9WBL V22 which I have always liked for its small swing mass and this equals or exceeds it. Yuri gets you your paddles in 10 days from the Ukraine. A pleasant change from the 8 month wait on some custom stuff. The packaging is above and beyond anything you have gotten in the mail. Don't worry. Superb. Highly recommend these paddles.

ON4BAR Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2014 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Speaking of craftsmanship, See the ERIDAN by UR5CDX.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After some time searching on the internet to find a new suitable iambic keyer, I come quite by accident on a Russian site. The site where Yury UR5CDX offers his products.
The keyers on the photos attract the immediate attention. The first impression is immediately touch, the keyers look amazing!
My eye fell mainly on the type of Eridan MX. I went immediately on the net to find some reviews about the keys.
The comments that I found were all very positive. After viewing the detailed pictures carefully, I made my decision. That is the one.
I took contact via email with UR5CDX. Very quickly I got a friendly reply from Yury with sufficient and clear information.
After some conversations via email with Yury I ordered the Edrian MX with a 3D engraved callplate.
Exactly one week after the order was placed, the box with the keyer arrived! Such a quick and prompt service!!!
I opened the box in which the key was packed super safe. The feeling for the first time to see this keyer is indescribable, you get goosebumps…
I tested very soon the keyer, it is immediately a good feeling, suppleness and very accurate and fine. The keyer stands firmly on its feet and does not slide off. In other words get used to this piece of craftsmanship is not necessary. You have directly the feeling that you work for years with this keyer.
If you are considering to buy a new keyer, take a look at the site of UR5CDX. Choose this product is choose the perfection and durability!
I would like to thank Yury again for his perfect service, and above all, for the fantastic toy he gives me!
Greetings to all readers.
Nico ON4BAR

VE2LXR Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Eridan MX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
I was looking for a dual paddle to go with my home brew keyer and discovered Yury's web site. The pictures of his paddles looked pretty good. Although he could put a little more technical information on his web site for each key. (Size, weight, number of ball bearings etc.)
Communication with Yury was excellent and prompt (no waiting).
I ordered the Eridan MX on the 6th. of February and received it on the 18th. I also ordered the 3D nameplate.
The key came doubled boxed (2 3/4 actually) and mechanically secured with machine screws. Canada Post did it’s best to destroy it (pushed in corners punctured outer box) but Yury did an excellent job of packaging, not a scratch on the key.
When I opener the box I was in haw... Beautiful, gorgeous, the chrome finish is perfect absolutely no blemishes...
How to describe the feel of a paddle in words? This is definitely not a Lada, nor a Cadillac, more like a Ferrari, responsive solid and precise and yet the smoothness just perfect!!!
I checked the bearings and there is absolutely no play in them in any direction yet they are completely free to rotate around the pivot. (Amazing). This key will keep its settings; I did the initial tension and spacing set up to my liking (less than .002") when the key was still cold from outside (-17C). The next day when warm, the key retained all the same settings.
With magnetic return the adjustments is a lot easier and precise both paddles have the exact same pressure and cannot be adjusted individually. The contacts are pure silver, and the fine thread make them easy to adjust.
This key is a work of art, hand made feel, not a mass produced toy made in Chinese factory somewhere.
The price of US $293 is quite reasonable for the quality. I am very happy with my purchase. This key will last a lifetime.
73 de Louis VE2LXR

F6FCD Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2013 08:11 Send this review to a friend
MX Eridan From UR5CDX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,
I was surfing on the web for a new keyer and discovered Yury's web site : ur5cdx.com
When looking for a dual paddle, I found the Eridan MX model, and asked few questions to Yury, he is very reactive,and got very quickly my answers.
I ordered 2 units (1 for me, 1 for another radioham friend). We also ordered for 3D nameplate.
Yury informed me about the very short delay to build those 2 keyers, gave me the tracking informations, and few days after, the pakages arrived here in France.
I can also say that the packaging is exceptionally strong, the product is very well protected.
After unpacking, I tested the keyer on my K3 Elecraft, it is a real pleasure to use !
This is a profesional job that Yury have done. The finish is really nice.Try and you will be enchanted !
My rating is : 5 / 5
73 from Lionel / F6FCD, France

K0XY Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2011 15:38 Send this review to a friend
...another WINNER !!! from UR5CDX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...I had just acquired the CT599 from Yuri about a month ago and posted my eHam review (me LIKE = 5)...Yuri suggested I try his new Eridan next !...the first thing I noticed was the key was well packed and the shipping box WAS NOT "dog earred"...it arrived in "fresh condition"...that was good...

...the Eridan cosmetics were different than previous CT- paddles...the Eridan had a flowing, smoothed, aero look as opposed to the more traditional block design...it almost has a sports car look as opposed to a sedan (both are good, but they are different)...cosmetics are a personal preference (see the description picture)but to my eye the Eridan was a significant improvement over the other designs...you may see it differently

...at the time of this review (July 2011) the Eridan was BRASS finish only...Yuri indicated that it did have a "coating" of some type...so time will tell on the durability of the top-coat...

...unpacked the CT-Eridan, again the internal packing was substantial...prior to installing on the radio, I did a few "clicks and clacks"...the Eridan had a very precise feel, very smooth bearing tension and nice sounding "clicks" ( but a bit different from the CT73 and CT599)...some paddles have "clicks" and some "clacks"...the Eridan was a delicate "click" and similar to the CT-599...me like !

...the Eridan also had the fine thread adjustment screws and a beautiful brass finish...the contact spacing and the magnet spacing were a breeze to set...as the Eridan does not have a top bearing support bar I checked for vertical play on the contact arms...NO vertical play...I am pleased...

...plugged the Eridan into the radio, and as expected the code generated was as perfect as I can send...in fact, the settings from the manufacturer were near to my preference (contact spacing about the width of a single sheet of paper and the magnetic return required mimimal pressure)

...all in all, the Eridan feels like a finely machined product ( as did the CT599) as opposed to a mass manufactured device...the difference of feel is suttle, but the Eridan feels "machined" and ever so slightly different from the CT599...the Eridan has similar design features to the 599, so you may assume a similar style to the Eridan...

...final pricing is TBD but I'm sure it will be a great value and a true "top shelf" performer...me LIKE !!!!

...and I suppose the next question would be my preference of the CT73 or the CT599 or the CT Eridan ????...tough question...

...I think you will enjoy any of them...right-o !!!