Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Ameritron AL811HD Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron AL811HD
Ameritron AL811HD Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1,199.00
Description: New version of the Ameritron Al-811h with 572B tubes!
More info: http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=AL-811HD

You can write your own review of the Ameritron AL811HD.

K0HWY Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 22:01 Send this review to a friend
So far, so good...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned this amplifier a relatively short time and so far it seems to be performing very well. It produces 600 watts CW drive on most all bands although I wasn't able to get it to tune up at all on 10 meters. This amplifier is very easy to tune and quite forgiving, especially with its fast acting GOP circuit. The only issue I've noticed is a premature firing of the gas clamp tubes which was more pronounced when the unit was new and only occurred within several minutes of start up. The problem is also more noticeable at low load settings. However, once drive is applied, things seem to settle down and there are no other issues. Highly recommended.

WA4YBC Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2011 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my Ameritron AL-811HD for about 18 months. This amplifier has worked great. I've received many good signal reports with it, and I have nothing but complements to make on the amplifier. Support from Ameritron has also been great for my few questions.