Reviews Categories | Microphones | Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone
Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: AXIS cm3 condenser microphone
SPECIFICATIONS...Sensitivity: -44 3dB IMP-900ohms
Current Consumption: 500μA
Signal to Noise Ratio: 58dB
Frequency: 50~16KHz
Operating Voltage: 1.1V to 10V
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone.

W4ETR Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 05:26 Send this review to a friend
No regrets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this microphone on Ebay, from Audio-Comm, based on the few reviews here. The mic came to me pre-wired for my radio and I have gotten several unsolicited positive comments on my TX audio. The only improvement I could suggest, is using heat shrink at the connector rather than electrical tape and zip ties. That was a five minute fix. If you're looking for a good sounding microphone, you will be hard pressed to beat this one. 73

KC9VFO Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2014 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Nice mic   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this microphone assembly off of EBAY for my TS 590, works great ,I get unsolicited good audio reports. I had to turn down the mic gain from the hand mic I was using previously which is expected. The seller is also using shrink tubing on the cord after the mic connector. Happy customer! :)

VK6VIK Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ok, there are most probably better products out there, but for the price you won't beat this thing, it is outstanding. There could have been some refinements as others have said by using heatshrink instead of tape etc but really, this thing performs like a trooper on my Kenwood TS-570. Audio reports are always positive 5's. The great thing about this is that even if you don't like the Mic's sound, now you have the setup all done for you, you can just interchange different Mic's willy nilly. It's also very easy to modify the switch to a foot pedal, or any other kind of switch if you prefer.

W5TWT Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2014 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Axis CM-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been looking at Heil Mics for a while. One day while looking through eBay I found this Mic and cable which would fit right into my Kenwood TS 440. I figured the heil cable will cost me only a few dollars less the this Axis mic and cable setup then I would still have to purchase the Heil mic. well I ordered the Axis CM-3 and cable setup for my Kenwood. the first day I tried it I was told to lower the mic gain. well the mic gain now runs between 1 and 2 and the audio is excellent. everyone has told me not to move a thing. The mic works great and the cable and switch make it all work. I highly recommend this setup. you can not beat the price for a great working mic.

WA2ADS Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Replacement Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Ten Tec 555 Scout and was tiring of using the hand mic. I was looking for a stock 4 pin Ten Tec mic of that era, but they were too pricey. So I saw the Axis CM-3 Mic listed on eBay and I thought for the price I'd give it a try. Well to say I am very pleased would be an understatement. This product is well made for its price. Audio quality reports from other Hams have been excellent. The seller wires the mic connector for your rig. The Axis CM-3 comes with a thumb switch, which is great as the 555 does not have vox. If I have a complaint it is that the Axis CM-3 does not come with a mic stand. But that was easily remedied as I found 2 available for $9.98 on Amazon. Again, if you need a a replacement mic for your older rig the Axis CM-3 is it.

W5RG Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2013 15:52 Send this review to a friend
NICE MIC FOR THE PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up this from E-BAY after reading here on E-Ham and wanted to try it..Nice mic with cable..great price..I have a Orionll and it drives the socks off of it..it has very high output and picks up a lot of back ground noise..I need to get a gate to use with it and it would work fine..For the price of $50.00..can't go wrong..Bob

VA7CBN Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this mic on eBay from audio-comm. The mic came exactly as ordered and was simply plug and play. It was preconfigured for my radio so no issues with plug wiring. I just had to turn down my mic gain and not use the processor.
All reports from my contacts say top quality audio with just the right eq. The mic appears to be well built.
The only blemish is the finish around the radio plug was done with electrical tape instead of heat shrink. This did not impede the performance in any way.
I consider this purchase to be very good value for the price paid.

TADGE Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2012 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Nice Microphone.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchaced this mic from Ebay (audio-comm) and it arrived within 8 days to VK.

I too was somewhat dubious as to the performance of such an inexpensive mic, however I needed another mic to use from my workplace.

The rigs settings needed to be backed off a little after doing some testing with a nearby station and a DX station at the same time (which makes setting the compressor easy).

I have made a few QSOs now and the stations that I regulary chat to have all commented on my (improved) audio. They were also somewhat surprised to hear the price of the mic too.

The metal chassis on it feels nice and has a quality feel about it.

I will also add the fact the ebay seller offered me a $5 refund should I write a review here on eham. I have NOT taken him up on this offer. I will also add that the seller did not ask for a positive review. Bear this in mind with other reviews.

The mic comes prewired for your choice of rig, which is a nice touch. The included PTT switch is very cheaply built, but will come in handy unltil a foot switch is sourced, VOX operation is nice too.

Overall, for the price I'm happy!

73 de Brendon
VK8FQRP

W4CJB Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic, Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been looking for a desk type mic for awhile but others were more than I wanted to spend. I came across the Axis CM-3 on eBay and for the price I figured why not. Plus I came with the correct cable already made up. Plug and Play. I almost got a mic from RadioShack a day or two before but just didn't. I am very pleased with the Axis CM-3. As soon as I took it out of the box I was impressed that it wasn't cheap plastic junk but was actually a nice solid piece with well balanced weight. A good solid feel. After tweeking the dsp lpf and hpf settings on my Yeasu FT-857 (not a D model but I added the dsp unit some time ago)I have noticed that I've been able to make some DX contacts that I feel like I never would have with the stock mic. I consistently get great audio reports and comments about nice audio that I never got before. I highly recommend this mic. 73, John - W4CJB

F5VDM Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2011 08:00 Send this review to a friend
A very good cheap alternative  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this based on little existing information, but the price looked good, especially with the cheap P&P from the US to Europe.

I set it up on my Yaesu FT 920 running an 811 amplifier and at first had some reports that it was buzzing.

User error - I hadn't backed off the settings from my original fist mic. Making some slight changes, backing off the mic gain and processing power I retried.

I haven't looked back since. I had little comment about audio with the fist mic, but in the few days since I have had this mic, I have had great audio reports even without prompting from the hams I'm working.

I cant ask for more than that!

I do use the PTT in my hand, but could equally use vox. I am not too keen on the PTT button as is, but I am going to make a minor conversion into a foot switch.

I really think this mic was more than well worth the money.