Reviews Categories | Microphones | Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone
Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: AXIS cm3 condenser microphone
SPECIFICATIONS...Sensitivity: -44 3dB IMP-900ohms
Current Consumption: 500μA
Signal to Noise Ratio: 58dB
Frequency: 50~16KHz
Operating Voltage: 1.1V to 10V
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the Axis CM-3 Hi Output Condenser Microphone.

WB7BW Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2017 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Very very excellent mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased two of these mics...one for my TS-950 SDX and the other for my IC-781.I was using a Neumann 705 for both of the radios but after using these mics on my rigs the Neumann 705 had to go !
This mic sounds like ME on both rigs and the mic settings and vox settings are turned way down compared to the Neumann.This is one mic that will never leave my shack.I would not be ordering any other mic as this mic has the gain and frequency response for my voice. I would recommend this mic very highly to anyone.

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Purchase!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was needing a new mic for my Ten Tec Paragon II. I settled on the Axis CM3 after reading the reviews on this site.

Upon receiving my mic, I unpacked and noticed that it does have a nice quality feel and weight to it, not a cheap plastic mic. It was wired and ready to go, plugged it in and saw right away that I need to readjust my mic settings. This is a powerful mic and it drives the Ten Tec very well with little drive on from the unit. I will have no qualms about ordering another one when needed. Considering the cost of other good mics, I think this one is indeed a bargain.

W4GWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mic on ebay and it is great.I use it on my Yaesu FT-920 ( no eq ) and have been getting great audio reports. I would highly recommend this mic!

KC3GQB Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 11:41 Send this review to a friend
No issues on older radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looked at one of these on Ebay and messaged the seller asking a question about it being used on a TS-440S, answered with 2 hours with the info I needed, I ordered next day. Arrived packed well and set up was a breeze, Mic feels nice, initial audio reports were too strong so I had to dial back the mic gain and find a comfortable distance but after that it works very well. The PTT switch is fine and basic, I may look for a foot switch, but for now, it works!

K1HH Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great with my FT-450D!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wanted a boom mic pre-wired for my Yaesu FT-450D and I found it. Get unsolicited quality reports on my audio from a radio not-noted for its wide transmit bandwidth. The CM-3 is a definite improvement over the stock hand mic. Good price point too. I own a lot of mics, including high end studio mics. The CM-3 fills the bill for my use. Buy one; you won't be sorry. 73 Rodger K1HH

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 16:02 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT MIC!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this mic and I have received Excellent audio reports. It really is built well and has a very good solid feel to it. Audio-Comm does a very good job selling these mics on eBay for a reasonable price. Nice that you get the push-to-talk switch with it. You won't be sorry if you buy one of these mics. I use mine with my Kenwood TS-590S and it works perfectly. By the way, Audio-Comm also sells the best headsets on the market. I made over 1500 contacts as W1AW/9 with my headset with no problem what so ever. Alan is a good guy! Cheers! Denny, WB9MSM

W4ETR Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2014 05:26 Send this review to a friend
No regrets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this microphone on Ebay, from Audio-Comm, based on the few reviews here. The mic came to me pre-wired for my radio and I have gotten several unsolicited positive comments on my TX audio. The only improvement I could suggest, is using heat shrink at the connector rather than electrical tape and zip ties. That was a five minute fix. If you're looking for a good sounding microphone, you will be hard pressed to beat this one. 73

KC9VFO Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2014 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Nice mic   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this microphone assembly off of EBAY for my TS 590, works great ,I get unsolicited good audio reports. I had to turn down the mic gain from the hand mic I was using previously which is expected. The seller is also using shrink tubing on the cord after the mic connector. Happy customer! :)

VK6VIK Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ok, there are most probably better products out there, but for the price you won't beat this thing, it is outstanding. There could have been some refinements as others have said by using heatshrink instead of tape etc but really, this thing performs like a trooper on my Kenwood TS-570. Audio reports are always positive 5's. The great thing about this is that even if you don't like the Mic's sound, now you have the setup all done for you, you can just interchange different Mic's willy nilly. It's also very easy to modify the switch to a foot pedal, or any other kind of switch if you prefer.

W5TWT Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2014 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Axis CM-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been looking at Heil Mics for a while. One day while looking through eBay I found this Mic and cable which would fit right into my Kenwood TS 440. I figured the heil cable will cost me only a few dollars less the this Axis mic and cable setup then I would still have to purchase the Heil mic. well I ordered the Axis CM-3 and cable setup for my Kenwood. the first day I tried it I was told to lower the mic gain. well the mic gain now runs between 1 and 2 and the audio is excellent. everyone has told me not to move a thing. The mic works great and the cable and switch make it all work. I highly recommend this setup. you can not beat the price for a great working mic.