Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Kenwood KES-3 Help

Dimension (W x H x D): 114 x 66 x 55 mm (4 1/2" x 2 19/32" x
2 5/32")
Weight: 350g. (0.77 lbs)
More info: http://www.kenwood.eu/products/comm/accessories/microphones/KES-3/

You can write your own review of the Kenwood KES-3.

YELLOWLEMON Rating: 1/5 May 8, 2016 04:40 Send this review to a friend
I expected better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for AUD $50 and the sound is just average. No highs at all, and a muddy mid-bass sound. Distorts at high volume. IMHO the internal speaker on my new ICOM IC-2730A sounds better!

The speaker 'looks' good and the mount is solid. Nice long cable included with 3.5mm connector.

WB4TJH Rating: 4/5 Apr 4, 2016 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Nice speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I paid $15 for mine at the 2000 Dayton Hamfest from a dealer with big a box of them. I figured that for the money, I probably would not go wrong and I didn't. It's a very good sounding speaker. I actually would give it a 4.5 if I could.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Mar 17, 2016 11:03 Send this review to a friend
KE-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hooked up to Yaesu 817ND, QC seems good. I Like the way it sounds, price not too bad. 73

VA3LIP Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2015 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Clear sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the first ever HAM Radio speaker I bought, so I can't really compare it with other speakers.

--Having said that, I had recently purchased Kenwood TM V71A dual bander, for my shack. The radio just sat on my desk and I used to listen through the speaker on the radio itself. The speaker on the radio is not the strongest thing on that radio. So I bought the external speaker the KES-3. What I can stand by, is that after hooking up this speaker there is such a noticeable difference. The words which were earlier lost to the background static noise are now clearly heard. The quality of the voice is much much better than the radio speaker.

To anyone who is planning on buying the TM V71A, I would definitely recommend this speaker.

SV2BWM Rating: 4/5 Aug 9, 2011 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Good speaker...  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is small, yet it has a very good audio! Suitable mostly for mobile use, it beats larger speakers. But I think that it is a bit overpriced...+73's