Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | CLARA Help

Reviews Summary for CLARA
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $20
Description: Combined Capacitance and Inductance meter (auto ranging)
More info: http://www.s9plus.com/

You can write your own review of the CLARA.

MM0AMV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2014 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Cracking Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
21 plus very reasonable shipping charges, is not a lot to pay for what is a really nice piece of test gear.
Communications are excellent, and the kit is a top notch package, with clear concise build instructions and a well made board.
Built in an evening, and another evening to practice my metalworking skills on the box I decided to put it in.
The meter works very well and appears to be highly accurate.
Very pleased with the CLARA and I recommend it highly.

G6UWK Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 02:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and service, does what it says on the tin  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got CLARA as inductance meters are a fortune, I made a couple of errors, Eric answered very quickly and I ended up sending to him he returned 2 days latter all calibrated and working great. I hasten to add faults were mine not in the product.

Does it work? you bet. on capacitance range it agrees with my Sparkfun meter and I cannot compare on inductance but if you put something ferrous inside coil whilst measuring the inductance increases, same thing happens if you close the coils this also increases the value.

If you want to home brew I would recommend this instrument as I feel it will be in use a lot in my shack.