Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | Clifton Laboratories Z10043A Norton Preamplifier Help

Reviews Summary for Clifton Laboratories Z10043A Norton Preamplifier
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $47.50 kit, 72.50 assembled w/enc
Description: The newest, miniaturized version in Clifton's line of Norton preamplifiers.
More info: http://cliftonlaboratories.com/z10043a_norton_amplifier.htm

You can write your own review of the Clifton Laboratories Z10043A Norton Preamplifier.

AK6ZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2013 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this product for my K3 because I wanted something that I could utilize for HF and 6m. Dr Jack Smith recommended this product to me for my K3 as an alternative to other preamp alternatives. It is easy to connect to the preamp and I leave it on for all bands above 20m including 6m. It works fantastically well and I would recommend this as a solution to anyone who lives in a low noise environment. It really makes a great difference.

N4ZR Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 08:43 Send this review to a friend
High-performance preamp at a reasonable price, with great suppo  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This preamp is a miniaturized version of Clifton's series of Norton noiseless preamps. Its strong-signal specs are particularly impressive, which is good for my primary use in contesting. It is designed to be packaged with other equipment (such as a high-pass filter or a DC coupler for an active antenna) and consequently lacks some of the protective features built into the other units, such as reverse polarity protection.

I bought mine as a kit, and it went together easily despite the use of SMT components. The manual is very detailed, with lots of pictures. Nothing terribly tiny, and easy to hand-solder. It worked first time, only to be damaged by a lightning strike soon after.

Jack Smith K8ZOA was and continues to be extremely helpful and responsive with trouble-shooting support. As someone else said, he's a joy to work with.