Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ham Radio Boxes Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Boxes
Ham Radio Boxes Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45-200 USD
Description: Custom made "Safe Box" shipping cartons for all amateur radios.
More info: http://www.hamradioboxes.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Boxes.

WB4YIB Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 11:45 Send this review to a friend
collins 32v-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
after all that has been said by folks who have more writing skills than i do: hurricane season is upon us here in florida: i'll be in the box till its over!
great job dave 100%
wb4yib

WA4OYX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2014 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product for Collins KWM2A and others  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dave Haller's hamboxes approach artistry. I received a box from Dave after a very short period for a KWM2A. It is excellent in every way. The padding is fitted for the rig, Dave even includes a bag to put the radio in and a sheet to list the work order. I understand that Dave not only constructs these beautiful boxes to fit the radios--he has also conducted vibration tests to confirm the integrity of the box. You won't go wrong shipping your equipment with the boxes, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks Dave for the good work and very kind communications.

W8QAS Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2014 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
Dave built my box in late May,2012 for a Kenwood TS-940. The radio was shipped for repairs and returned. The box is of heavy cardboard construction and withstood the rigors of shipping. In fact the box looks brand new. Fast forward to today. A good friend of mine needs to ship a TS-940. His first thought was to borrow "the box". If you treasure your radio, spend the money and buy the box.

K1RJV Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2013 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Design and Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you very much for such excellent workmanship and attention to detail on the custom shipping containers for the FT-1000MP MK-V and the FP-29 power supply. The custom packing slip was a nice touch, as was the labeling on the outside of the box.

The best compliment I can give is that I would have done it exactly the same way.

I also appreciate the speedy response to my request. I am sure the new owner will also appreciate it when his radio arrives undamaged.

SM0OTX Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2013 01:32 Send this review to a friend
Dave Hallers boxes  Time owned: months
Highly professional boxes made by Dave Haller.
Could be sent world wide.
One must bear in mind that the wall thickness of the box are very thick and that could limit the choice of freighting (e.g general mail freight) due to the total volume of the box.

K2LRC Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2013 07:29 Send this review to a friend
Best in the business !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dave, makes the greatest shipping boxes. I just got a complete KWM-2A set of gear. The 516F-2 box he made is great... both the cabinet and the supply chassis fit into one box safely. A 30L-1 also arrived in perfect shape even though the box showed some poor handling in shipment.
His prices are right on and he is great to work with.
Try his product and you will be amazed what you get...

KH7Y Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Alpha 76A that I wanted to ship to Dick Byrd for modification and up-grades. Dave at www.hamradioboxes.com was recommemed to me. I emailed Dave and we decided on the size box and how it would be shipped out here to Hawaii. When my new box arrived, I packed up the 76A and shipped it off for Upgrade. The box made the round trip and my 76A arrived like new. I highly recommend Dave. The workmanship and quality are very good and at a very fair cost. Aloha, Fred KH7Y

KB5GT Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2013 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Boxes For Safe Shipping  Time owned: months
Dave made a shipping box for me for a Hallicrafters SX-115 which weighs 44 pounds. His box was constructed of superior materials and his craftsmanship is first class. The box provided a safe trip for the radio to its new home.
I highly recommend Dave if you want your radio to get there undamaged.
Ed, KB5GT

W2FI Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2013 06:14 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BOX< EXCELLENT PROTECTION  Time owned: months
Dave made a box to ship my Yaesu FT-1000MP radio from Sioux Falls S.D. to New York State. The radio made the trip without incident. It was a double box with lots of protection. An excellent product from an excellent gentleman to do business with! Dave is truly "old School". Thanks Dave. de Butch W2FI

K9ING Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 10:29 Send this review to a friend
He made a box to ship a Collins 75A4  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot praise Dave's work enough-he was quick and the end result was a box that is, as he says, "gorrila-proof" and it truly shipped the rcvr with no problems and he included the proper signage on the outside box to instruct the shipper on handling and value. I highly recommend Dave for all your radio equipment shipping needs-tell him what you have and he will build it. Bob Stevens, K9ING