Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | QSO-King End Fed Antennas by NUR Help

Reviews Summary for QSO-King End Fed Antennas by NUR
QSO-King End Fed Antennas by NUR Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$60-80
Description: 160-6 meters. Very efficient end fed antennas. Quick deployment.
More info: http://eBay. Search QSO King or end fed wire antenna

You can write your own review of the QSO-King End Fed Antennas by NUR.

KC9OET Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2016 17:21 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: months
the QSO king is a great antenna I have mine mounted horizontally about 40-ft between 2- trees I have the 98-ft version the swr is 1.2 on all bands except 20-meters that is the only band that has an swr of 1.8 and I use the tuner to bring it down to 1.2 all other bands I just bypass the tuner I have talked to england. Spain and everywhere on this QSO king I have had a station in nj ask me what type of beam I was useing as far as I am concerned it is the best wire antenna out there. KC9OET

KG4EYG Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2015 08:59 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After relocating and purchasing a home with a limited space and trees for my G5RV that I used for 20 and 80 meters for years, I saw an article in the August edition of CQ raving about the QSO KING End Fed antenna as an alternative. I had tried several OCF dipoles since I needed my feed line as close to my home as possible, but wasn't having any luck. Although I don't have an HOA to tend with, I wanted to be neighborly in my sub-division and not have feedlines hanging over my pool in the back yard. I purchased the 88' version with one end about 30 feet up and the other with the matching unit mounted about 6 feet up on my privacy fence next to the house. After 9 months of being off the air, not only was I back on 80 meters, but getting great signal reports from friends all over the US. I do use an antenna tuner and a counterpoise about 50', although not required, really helped! So far so good. If you are limited in space or span, this is the one to get!

===

Update: After receiving the 88' version of the QSO-King from NUR, I called Bruce and decided to try the 117' version. He sent me the longer replacement wire and the RF in line filter. Put it up in 5 minutes. Although I can suspend the original 88' antenna comfortably in my yard to the top of the only tree in my back yard (about 40'-50' tall), the 117' goes over the top of the tree and down the other side, inside the tree about 15'-20'. Bruce assured me that it would not affect the performance. It was a significant improvement to the already 88' version that was working quite well. I was making DX contacts that evening on 40 mtrs to Europe and getting compliments on my signal from friends around the net. If you are space limited or have HOA challenges and still want to enjoy HF, both local and DX, this is the best option. Best part is the customer service is outstanding and Bruce will always take the time to speak with you."

KC5ODT Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
excellent,excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
quite an antenna.even if you have no HOA restrictions on antennas every ham should own one.
quite an amazing antenna for me with lot restrictions,low noise,will tune on any built in tuner or autotuner,works on all bands even quite well on 6 meters.i did install 16 45 ft. radials and gained another 2 S units.160 meter performance awesome.i have it in a inverted L fashion with 75 ft vertical and 42 ft sloping down to 34 ft.i plan on buying another for portable ops.bruce is great and will help you with any questions you have.73s

N0YK Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2014 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Good at 5 MHz and above  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna after reading the good reviews on this site. I needed a QRO solution on 80 meters for my HOA lot. I contacted NU0R with QSO-King and explained by installation area and that it was for the 80 meter band. He recommended the 117' antenna and a choke to place near the amplifier. All arrived in a few days and I was able to get everything installed just fine. Results on 80 meters have been disappointing. SWR is 8:1 across the entire band. On 160 meter the SWR is something like 16:1. This is all measured on a quality antenna analyzer. SWR does drop to a very reasonable reading at 5 MHz and above. I do feel the antenna meets the "4 - Good" rating at 5 MHz and above. Below this and specific to 80/160 meters, I'd rate it much lower. Again, your mileage might vary and I'm only speaking to my personal experience with the antenna. I did exchange several emails with NU0R explaining my troubles. He did offer some suggestions but we just couldn't make it work on the lower bands. My next plan is to try a different balun from Balun Designs, maybe the 9:1 Unun. If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me offline.

NR7J Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Product Great Seller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bruce, will help you with all of your questions. The other guy gets annoyed very quickly. I'm so glad I purchased this and not the other balun, I did a lot of research and talk to guys that own them both. They all said go with the QSO-KING then I looked and Bruce sold over 1000 in one year, the other guy maybe 100. That alone speaks volume.
Do your research and you'll end up buying this one too like I did. Many blogs and reviews everywhere.
Did a quick test with the antenna as soon as it arrived, I had it about 3 feet off the ground and worked California and Oregon on 20 meters. The wire is 44' I'm still testing with and w/o a 13' counterpoise wire. Balun is at 8' feet and then the wire extend horizontal up about 16', sloping in the middle down to about 13'. SWR change even with an airchoke on the the feedline and on some bands the counterpoise makes a different up on some bands and down on others. Of course if you have a tuner it will work fine on all the HF bands. Finally after about 20+ years I'm back on the air. Thank You Bruce, good job.

KK6DCT Rating: 4/5 Sep 26, 2014 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Shipped and arrived within a couple of days of ordering. Put it up for the first time this afternoon as a sloper, high end was up 33ft on a kite pole. Used an LDG tuner and it didn't need to tune in on 20m, tuned fine on 15. Made some RTTY contacts and worked great. Storm coming so had to take down my kite pole, but happy with it so far!

WB5OXQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 120' model I had a 128' space so the full size model is what I chose. The matching box end it hung at 50' and the far end of the wire is t 30' above ground. There is 100' of coax, 50' straight down to the ground and 20' coiled up to make a choke befoer entering the shack. I also installed a ground wire of 14ga solid insulated wire beside the coas and then 450' stapled on the ground in many directions. The results, as good and sometimes better than a 135' doublet fed with 300ohm window line and lots esier to tune. On 40 I dont even need any tuner since the swr is at or below 1.5 to one.
I use this antenna on 80 and 40 mostly with very good results transmitting and receiving. On 20 and up I have a beam so i dont need the qso king up there. My ts-2000 internal tuner is able to tune the antenna when needed except for the high end of 6 meters. Overall I am so satisfied I am taking the doublet down soon. WB5OXQ Jim in Waco

N3MVX Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 04:59 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 120 foot version. I put this up hoping to be able to get on 160 meters using just the tuner in the rig. I have a Yaesu Mark V Field and the internal tuner with this antenna was able to handle all bands from 160 through 10 meters. If you can only have one wire antenna this is the one to have.

I had questions before I purchased this and Bruce at QSO King responded quickly and honestly. The purchase process was quick and easy and the product shipped quickly. I had it within 4 days of ordering and most of that time was spent in transit.

W1XWX Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 20:32 Send this review to a friend
A great end fed long wire!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just finished WAS on both LOTW and Eqsl using this antenna. I extended the length to 127 ft based on my conversation with Bruce. The box is mounted up about 20 ft and then goes over a tree and down to a fence, where it takes a left hand turn down the fence. This last section is about 15 ft above the ground.

It's been up now for almost 2 years with no issues. My MFJ 986 tuner easily tunes all bands- except 6 meters. I also use the line isolator sold by this same company.

Recently I bought another one to use at field day and for emergencies in my GO kit. They are real easy to put up. I usually work 80-10 meters and the antenna has performed well considering the low height above ground. I have about 35 confirmed DX contacts. This is a really good antenna and is well built. Normally I run it using my ALS600 amp at about 400 watts.

I would guess that you could make this into a poor man's loop with more wire, if you had the space and the extra wire. I am planning to put up a tower and beam but will leave this up even after the tower is installed.

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2013 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Great!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a recent move from acreage to a home on a lot in a small subdivision, I decided to try one of the QSO King wire antennas, so I could get something in the air quickly. I have been using it a bit for a month now, and for a rag-chewer like myself, I really don't know if I need anything else.