Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MeanWell S-350-12 Help

Reviews Summary for MeanWell S-350-12
MeanWell S-350-12 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $60
Description: 29 amp continuous duty, 33 amp surge, 12 volt switching supply.
More info: http://www.meanwell.com/search/s-350/s-350-spec.pdf

You can write your own review of the MeanWell S-350-12.

K4HYJ Rating: 4/5 Nov 12, 2012 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Been using for 6 months powering a Yaesu 857D. It works great when transmitting full power. I cannot notice any noise compared to a 12v battery.

I would have given it a 5 but the documentation was poorly done.

N7EKU Rating: 2/5 Aug 9, 2012 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Not so sure about these...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a MeanWell SP-320-12 off eBay based on reviews from these types (and the "MegaWatts" type.) I have to say that mine was a big dud. The EMI/RFI is very high and makes it unusable for radio use. If you look at the specifications, a couple things become cleer:

1. Mine has the same specification for noise and testing method for noise in the specifications as the S-350-12 which is 150mV pk-pk AFTER a tightly twisted pair supply line and two filter capacitors (this is how they test their units.)

2. They state that these are meant to be installed and filtered in a separate housing and not made to meet EMI requirements on their own (see the paper they reference in the specs.)

Anyway, it seems results may be variable with these. Some users seem to get a good one, I got a dud.

As a side note, I have tried a few computer ATX power supplies and had no trouble on EMI/RFI.

Based on my experience, I would want to test a switching type or make sure there is a return guarantee before investing in one again.

Mark/n7eku

K1TJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2011 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased one of these on Ebay when my linear supply in the shack gave up to use temporarily. It worked out so well that I added another to the collection just to have for testing. Have since fixed my linear supply, but still have a bunch of radios running off of it in the shack. No problem with running a Motorola MaraTrac, drawing about 25 amps on transmit.

Bought mine from Ebay user us2us2.