Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Snowdonia Radio Company (SRC) HF-360 Help

Reviews Summary for Snowdonia Radio Company (SRC) HF-360
Snowdonia Radio Company (SRC) HF-360 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $94 Pounds Sterling
Description: The SRC HF360 is an end fed fiberglass vertical antenna, capable of allowing the user to work 80 meters through 10 meter bands using an ATU, also not requiring any counterpoise and can be fed using coax cable
More info: http://www.snowdonia-radio-company.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1046676-SRC-HF-360.html

You can write your own review of the Snowdonia Radio Company (SRC) HF-360.

ON3ERN Rating: 4/5 Jul 29, 2016 02:19 Send this review to a friend
testing the SE HF-360 on 3mt high  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is really a great antenna, I did a test in my garden and put it up on an alu mast of 3mt.
using 50W and the internal tuner of the yaesu FT1200 giving fairly good SWR. made some QSO with Turky, denmark, slovenia, Bulgaria, Poland, Macedonia....R/S all between 4/3 and 5/9.
and as you all know conditions on 10m and 20m are not that good lately.
I think i can say that this test was great succes.Look My pictures on QRZ.com.
73's ON3ERN. Eric.

ON4XA Rating: 4/5 Apr 12, 2016 04:51 Send this review to a friend
not bad at all  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, it's now more as a year that I use it in hollidays as portable. Buy on Ebay by the factory Sigma Euro-Comm Sigma-4-antennas. Great on 10 and 20m without tuning. Other bands ok with tuner. Cheap antenna, mounting in a few minutes, take no space, easy to use. I made many qsos with it, and some intercontinental too. I recommand it 100%. 73

MM6WBJ Rating: 4/5 Aug 8, 2012 03:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
My HF360 is mounted on a wooden fence in the garden approx 6ft off the ground, no radials
this antenna works great for me, regular contacts into South Europe, Russia, Poland and Iceland. Have owned this antenna for over a year now and have had no problems with it, as with all verticals you will get noise thats how it is.

Unfortunately SRC are now out of business, but wouldnt swap this antenna.

KE5BUS Rating: 4/5 Apr 6, 2012 22:04 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for restricted areas  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought this antenna about 9 months ago. Just got Hawaii (3897miles) from Dallas, TX on 100wats with this antenna. Says no radials needed, but mine is up 20ft @ the corner of a balcony, above the roofline and I added 3 radials from an old power cord laying on top of the balcony rafters.
Less expensive than the CHA250 or similar and works well with the config above. Running IC7000. Initially had some feedback into the radio but RF line magnets took care of that. For my needs, solid 4 and using IT100 tuner, works into 80m nicely.

M0RDI Rating: 4/5 Feb 10, 2012 16:21 Send this review to a friend
compromise antenna works for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this antenna to get back on 80/40 metres.
(the higher bands I have a quad)
AS a compromise antenna it had the features I needed as I don't have a back garden and just a small back yard .Its made out of fibreglass so its very light at about 3kg in weight but has sufficient resistance against strong winds and does not require a ground,making it ideal to put on my chimney.The entire structure is 15/17 metres in the air.On 80 its given me the best results I have ever achieved.Sure its a bit noisey(verticals are) but nothing that the rf gain and dsp cant control and it gets me qrv on 80 metres so I cant complain.I think 5 would be an exageration as it is a compromise aerial but it works for me so receives a solid 4

M6AIU Rating: 2/5 Sep 5, 2011 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Not performing and poor customer service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Premium version of the X-80. Had this antenna at my QTH for about a year now. Sited the antenna about 10' off the ground on the side of the house.

Initially i had some issues in getting my ATU to tune on 80m and had to resort to some electrical trickery to get it tune to an acceptable level - gave up in the end on this band. Other bands <80m tuned fine, however background noise was far more than i expected, especially when compared to my alternate antenna, and SRC X-65 which runs as a 'long wire' down my garden.

I found the antenna to be fantastic for receiving broadcast signals but as a HF transmitter antenna i was not that impressed, especially when i am using another of the companys antennas at nearly a third of the cost with far better results.

It may be the siting of the antenna thats the problem but to be honest, i don't think so. I took it down and used it on a recent expedition with poor results again.

Customer service? 3 emails and no reply, 1 phone call to an answerphone - no reply. And all i was after was advice as i am an M6 user... poor really - though the company were very enthusiastic when i was sold it at a Ham Rally!!

In summary - not for me, i will probably pass it on for someone else to have a go! Good luck with it i say.... Scoring a 2 as the customer service is dire and it hasn't really performed for me.

73's Dave M6AIU