Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Jetstream JTV680 Multiband vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTV680 Multiband vertical
Jetstream JTV680 Multiband vertical Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $$259
Description: 80-6 meter multi-band vertical antenna. 23ft tall. 250 watts max.
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTV680 Multiband vertical.

K0PD Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2012 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Vertical..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my 680 a couple of days ago so this review is based only on these two days. First off the antenna is of excellent strong material and easily set up. It has a place at the bottom above where the antenna connection goes to attach ground radials which i did and instantly noticed a vast improvement in SWR's and reception. I do not have a SWR over 1.7 and those are on 10 meters and 75 meters.The rest of the bands are 1.2 and 40 meters is 1.4. I bought mine from GIGA parts $249.00 shipped and the shipping was very quick.I plan on laying down more radials and expect even more improvement. By the way it is only mounted two feet from the ground....

N6PCD Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2012 09:44 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Antenna! Especially at this price.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this same antenna that was sold by another manufacturer. It's been my my only HF antenna for the past 6 years, and I can't say enough good things about it!

I've worked all continents, worked all states, and am over half way to DXCC, with a very casual operating style.

It is a fine product for a compromised antenna location. I live in the middle a two story condo complex and am not permitted to roof mount the antenna, so I've put mine on a 10' lenght of 1.25" TV mast that is set into a 5 gallon bucket of concrete. This holds it securely, AND I can add sections to it for contests or special DXing on a temporary basis if I want to. Usually don't.

Works great for me, will do well for you too!

KB3WQE Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 06:44 Send this review to a friend
great for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is heavy duty and well made. I did not have a problem with SWR on any of the bands and I am not using a tuner. Be careful, measure twice since everything is metric. I have seen an antenna similar to this in every way at twice the price.

AF5AA Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the JTV680 for the radio in my shop. It has surpassed my expections. Frequencies can be handled by the internal antenna tuner on my Kenwood TS-2000. Thinking about another one to replace my beam.

KE5DFR Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2012 04:47 Send this review to a friend
It works pretty good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna to use on the 5th wheel trailer. It is mounted from the back ladder woth 1-1/4" EMT electrical conduit. The base of the antenna is 18' to 20' from the ground. The SWR is workable on all bands except 17m where you have to use a tuner.

I was able to receive good and transmitt prety well as well. I'll get a batter chance to put it to work this weekend when we will be on out.

For a compromise antenna, it does pretty good. I will still have my Carolina Windom 80 short for when we will be parked where I have trees to throw it into.

N7DGI Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2011 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Does What It's Supposed To Do  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna was easy to assemble, went up in about 30 minutes with no problems. It works fine for what it is: a compromise. It replaced a B&W BD-65 broadband folded dipole and seems identical in both receive and transmit performance, but with a substantially reduced physical and visual footprint. It provides a very low SWR to an HF radio in Civil Air Patrol ALE service, with only a very minor amount of reflected power on one frequency in the 18MHz range. All others are flat from 3-24 MHz. I would highly recommend this vertical for anyone needing a tuner-less solution to broadband HF performance.

K9PLG Rating: 4/5 Sep 11, 2011 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Has worked pretty well for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Put it up on a 5 foot mast strapped to a chimney on top of a two story house, so it was @ about 30 ft up (currently relocating to a new place). Have made contacts on 6 ,15, 17, 20, 40 & 80 meters so far. Don't have a wire antenna to compare it to, but I'm sure a wire/dipole would work better, but since conditions did not allow for one, I had to go with a vertical as my only option. Salesman @ R&L recommended it and said he had tried it out with good success. It seems to receive better than transmit as I can hear lots of people who can't seem to hear me... But it works pretty well for the price IMHO. My ts2000 auto tuner had no problems tuning it on any band I wanted to use. It goes together easily, with good quality tapped solid alum. clamps with ss bolt set screws. You can mark the sections with a sharpie for re-assembly if you need to take down, and it transports/comes in a nice long plastic case. It appears to be well made and of decent quality, but time will tell how durable it is.