Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W8AMZ 1/4 Wave 40M Vertical Wire Monopole Help

Reviews Summary for W8AMZ 1/4 Wave 40M Vertical Wire Monopole
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$39.00
Description: Omni-directional 1/4 Wave Vertical Wire antenna with radials, including waterproof SO-239 feed point.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ 1/4 Wave 40M Vertical Wire Monopole.

K4SKA Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2012 04:53 Send this review to a friend
Great starter vertical for anyone.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have never tried a vertical and wanted to work some DX with one. I did not want to mess around with a radial field and so I gave W8AMZ a try and got the 40M vertical.
I just got done working the CQWW-DX-CW contest with that vertical hanging from a tree with base about 15ft up. I had the two radial wires set 180 degrees from each other and parallel as he recommended.
With my old TS-940 and 100W, I worked a total of 301 DX contacts on 40 and 15 in 17 hours of operation.
The product is well made and he shipped to me very quickly.
I will order from him again.

K3XA Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Well constructed vertical antenna with waterproof coaxial feed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tom (W8AMZ) constructed a 1/4 Wave 40M wire vertical for me with an additional set of radial wires (4). The antenna is constructed with #14 jacketed wire and is strongly connected to insulators and feed point utilizing large metal crimp connectors. The feed point contains an SO-239 encased in an epoxy filled PVC pipe to facilitate a weatherproof connection. Overall, the build quality is excellent. After I complete installation, I will post a follow-up review relating to performance.