Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha PA-76 Standard Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha PA-76 Standard
Alpha PA-76 Standard Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1795
Description: Two 8874 amplifier
More info: http://www.rkrdesignsllc.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha PA-76 Standard.

KG5W Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Great classic amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my first hf amplifier and I would not trade it. It performs reliably every time. It is extremely quiet in comparison to other amplifiers I have seen. The layout is simple and effective, straight to the point. I understand many hams want the latest-of-the-greatest with all the proverbial "bells and whistles", but I prefer the "tried and true". This amplifier is all business and outperforms other amplifiers that are more expensive and with more hype. In my book, it isn't the hype that makes a product good, it is the performance. Like the unsung heroes out there, this amplifier does its job without the fanfare and flair others crave. It does the job RELIABLY, no questions asked! You can spend your money any way you want (free enterprise), but I love my Alpha PA-76. 8874 tubes are expensive and hard to find but if you watch your grid current, this amplifier will outlive me. This amp is like Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, and Robert De Niro all in one; kicks butt, quiet, and gets the job done. A CLASSIC!!

WA4JKW Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2011 18:42 Send this review to a friend
NIce Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Boy this is nice amp. I bought this one to save it from a CB person. I had the replaced the HV Caps as there was a mess under the rectifier board. The output is 1300 with 100 watts input at 1.2 amp and the Grid at .3 amp. I run it at 1000 output to save these tubes. It does have QSK relays mod. Anyway, it is now with a amateur operator so hopefully it well last for maybe 30 more years as it is a Alpha Amp.