Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1728T Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-1728T

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1728T.

AI4SU  Rating: 4/5 Nov 18, 2012 09:17  Send this review to a friend!
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna because I needed one with 3/8-24 thread connection that will do 2 meter and 6 meter. This antenna appears to be well constructed like the hamsticks. The MfJ-1728T performed just as good on 2 meter as my previous 5/8 wave antenna which was a different brand. Local simplex contacts are awesome. Low SWR on both 6and 2 meter. This antenna is plain and simple looking and do not draw a lot of attention. One thing I don't like about this anteena is the super thin, extra flexible whip. Even at low speed the whip is folded back. So I replaced MFJ-1728T whip with a much stronger whip from a HF hamstick and it worked out very well. SWR still low. Now the whip can hold to the wind and driving speed much better than the original whip. Last, I spray painted the antenna black., now its almost invisible on my car.

73's to all