Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Buckmaster 7 Band, 300W, OCF Dipole Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the Buckmaster 7 Band, 300W, OCF Dipole Antenna

You can write your own review of the Buckmaster 7 Band, 300W, OCF Dipole Antenna.

AA4AJ  Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2012 14:52  Send this review to a friend!
Really great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like this antenna and the people that made it so, you can skip this other stuff if you want. I had a goal when I began this of removing the 450 ohm twin lead from my shack after 50 years. It is gone. I don't know if this antenna works as well as the doublet, but it did what I started out to do.

The quality is absolutely first rate. The thing is built like a tank.

Every installation varies by site. My SWR readings are with two tenths (some up, some down) of the readings in the companies SWR data for all bands except for 17 and 6 meters. Eighteen megs is one to one - dead flat. Six meters has a double spike with the highest SWR at 2.2. My ICOM rig wants a 1.5 to 1 SWR and the internal tuner works fine everywhere I go. The twin lead is gone.

The people at Buckmaster are really good to work with. They answer questions, provide insite, and make suggestions. You will not be made to feel like an idiot.

My installation is in open air. The center balun is about ten feet from its supporting tree and the elements float across the open yard to other trees. The balun is 35 feet high and the configuration is inverted V - sorta. I don't work DX but have done so with this antenna.

It really seems to work as advertised and should last a long time.