Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters Help

Show all reviews of the Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters

You can write your own review of the Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters.

AE5J  Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2012 08:04  Send this review to a friend!
Performance Top to Bottom  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a quick update. Again, this is for the 120 foot QSO-King antenna by Maple Leaf Studios.

Since my initial review, I have had a chance to operate the antenna and get an idea of how it performs. In short, I am extremely pleased. Let me start at the bottom - 160 meters. I was a little skeptical of how this end fed would perform on 160. I pressed the tune button on the LDG-Z100 Plus and got a good SWR, so I gave it a try. Oddly enough I had the W4AX internet SDR radio up on the spare laptop when I sent out a CQ. The signal (JT65) showed up bright and clear in Atlanta GA from my 15 watts in West Texas! Made several contacts in really lousy band conditions ranging from 400-1300 miles. Not world-beater, but very acceptable for me.

After making numerous contacts on all the other bands (up through 12 meters), I can say that in my installation, the antenna works as advertised. My only problems on 10 and 6 relate to the lower tuning range on the LDG-Z100 Plus.

I am very happy with this antenna and would recommend it to anyone needing what it offers. A great product at a fair price from a great ham. Who could ask for more?