Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun Help

Show all reviews of the Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs 1:1 Feedline Isolation Balun.

ZL2KE  Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 13:04  Send this review to a friend!
Outstanding Quality and DX Results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 1113e 1:1 balun has been in use for 3 months with my Inverted Vee. This antenna is 10m / 30 ft up with a 90 degree apex and fed with RG213. The results I get from this Inv V are incredible, even running barefoot with 100w I get S9 reports and European/Russian pile ups when calling CQ. I attribute a large part of the Inv V's performance to the 1113e balun.

The build quality is top notch, second to none. Previously I used two Unadilla W2AU baluns (rated at 1kw) but both burned out when running 500w; they also only gave average signal results. It is difficult to understand the recent 2/5 review here but that balun must have been an anomaly and I would think Bob would replace it for no charge.

As others have said, Bob is responsive to email with prompt and informative replies. Take advantage of his expertise and tell him what your situation is and he will recommend the correct balun. I now have one of his 4114ocf 4:1 baluns for a Windom antenna I will soon put up. Yes these baluns do cost more but it is well worth it for only another $10 or $20. You will never regret buying quality.