Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7200 Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM IC-7200

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7200.

KK7XE  Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2012 17:54  Send this review to a friend!
Quality Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been a year since last review, and yes, I am very happy with every aspect of the radio. Some folks can nit pick a radio to death, but it's usually stuff that they know about before they even buy a radio, so what's the point. It does not have an internal tuner, but I always enjoy an outboard tuner so, no big deal. Most hams know about the newer HM-36 mic that comes with the radio and the fact it does not work as well as the older ones from Japan. Get the desk mic or have one of the mods done. No limit to the receive section. Seems no matter how busy a band gets I can filter the signal to copy fine. I work CW more than the other modes, and it's a pleasure to use. I also enjoy Short wave listening, and it's a great SW receiver. I use an external speaker, as most do, and it sounds great. I guess I should touch on the fact that it does not have FM, but I knew that. No problem. There are a lot of very nice radio's on the market, and you can beat them all up, and at times, we get one that does have some factory faults. Well, that happens at times, be it a radio, vehicle or what ever. Anyway, the 7200 for me, has been a quality radio and one I will have for a long time. It will be interesting to see how the IC-7100 plays out once it's released. Thanks for reading.