Categories | Keys & Paddles | VizKey Vertical Bug Help

Show all reviews of the VizKey Vertical Bug

You can write your own review of the VizKey Vertical Bug.

WB2LQF  Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2012 15:31  Send this review to a friend!
Underrated, Undiscovered...or Both!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second VIZ Vertical. I did a previous review on 02/27/2011 but that will probably disappear when this one goes up. I loved that bug dearly but a good ham friend loved it too and in a moment of weakness I let it go! I was *not* sorry than I helped a budding CW enthusiast but I *was* sorry that I no longer had a vertical bug in my shack. Problem easily solved -- just order another one. While the stock base is plenty heavy enough for 99% of the CW Ops out there, I am a violent whacker so I asked Tom if he could shore up the foundation for me. I also asked him if he could install a cable keeper since I am a Type A/anal retentive/obsessive-compulsive neatness freak. The key arrived today in perfect shape. As usual, I truly enjoyed the unwrapping process ;) It's remarkably beautiful and the massive base is exactly what I envisioned. Tom did a great job of translating my desires into reality. The VIZ Vertical is smooth as can be. I remember that my previous VIZ Vertical provided very smooth transitions between the dits and the dahs and this new one is true to the heritage! The keeper Tom put on the backside for me is a winner and he ought to equip all the vertical bugs with this simple but eminently practical feature. According to my Begali CW Machine I'm sending perfect bug code right out of the box but I think I'll just make a minor adjustment to increase the spring pressure for the dah contact and then I'm off to the races! My Christmas seems to have arrived a bit early this year! Straight keys are historic; paddles are efficient...but there's nothing like a good bug! Thanks, Tom!!!!