Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Buddipole Portable Dipole/Vertical Help

Show all reviews of the Buddipole Portable Dipole/Vertical

You can write your own review of the Buddipole Portable Dipole/Vertical.

KC7ZWG  Rating: 1/5 Jan 17, 2013 20:19  Send this review to a friend!
not user friendly  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Decided to try it after seeing how popular these things are, wish I had not.

Really does not tune very well on 40m at all, when changing bands can be tricky to get it right where it needs to be for effeciency.

When I called they told me that I needed to buy additional parts if I really wanted to have fun, so I did, now I have over $400 invested still not performing at the level of all the hype.

Called again and they advised I get an analyzer for another $200-$300..lol...really?

To sum it all up I ended up with a really neat bag of "stuff" for big $$$ that sits in my closet, my conciense will not allow me to sell it, so it is a total waste.

If you like to fiddle with taps, meters and ajustments all the time than this is the "antenna" for you, but don't expect superior performance!

For less than half as much of my hard earned money I now have a system that I actually enjoy making contacts with.