Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Show all reviews of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

KB3SLA  Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2013 18:16  Send this review to a friend!
Easy to use whether you're a beginner or an expert.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My philosophy is that if I can't build it, I don't need it. I had a home-brew setup for digital modes, but it was a mess of wires and required adjusting the radio each time I wanted to change modes. I wanted to de-clutter the desk so I made an exception for the Signalink USB. I am very glad that I did!

The construction of the interface is good. The case is made of metal and the front and back plates are made of plastic. The knobs have a little bit of a flimsy feel, but definitely not a deal breaker. As described in other posts, the whole unit is about the size of a pack of cigarettes so it doesn't take up much room at all.

Hooking up the Signalink USB is really easy. It only requires two cables to connect my IC-706mkiig and my computer together. Setting up the jumpers inside is not hard and the instructions provided with the cable are excellent. Once connected, the driver for the interface installs on the computer just like any other device (printers, cameras, etc.). Just plug the USB cable in, turn the power on, and the driver will install itself.

As for on air operation, the Signalink USB works exactly as described. It is easy to use and it works flawlessly with my computer and my radio. So far I have used it on JT-65, PSK31, and RTTY and it has met all my expectations. The knobs on the front for transmit, receive, and delay are nice. Sometimes those settings need to be tweaked slightly depending on the type operating you are doing, and having them right on the front make it a snap to ensure a clean signal out.

Overall I give this product 5 stars because it is easy to setup, easy to use, and no matter if you're new to digital or have spent a few years watching the waterfalls, you will definitely enjoy the Signalink USB.