Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Ten Tec RX-350 HF DSP Receiver Help

Show all reviews of the Ten Tec RX-350 HF DSP Receiver

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec RX-350 HF DSP Receiver.

K1FPV  Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2013 13:06  Send this review to a friend!
Great Receiver When Used Properly  Time owned: more than 12 months
Being an Amateur Radio Operator and SWL for better than 50 years, I've become acquainted with a number receivers over those years.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to procure a Ten-Tec RX-350 used. It was a later version with the black case but no 12 kHz. IF output port for DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale)reception. The first thing is I got the info from Ten-Tec on adding the port and installed an output port for the 12 kHz. IF in the RX-350.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of activity aimed toward North America using DRM, but none the less, it works as well receiving DRM. I found the receiver to be about as sensitive as my Ten-Tec Jupiter....I think it basically uses the same receiver as the Jupiter.

Being a computer based receiver with a microprocessor, you must anticipate some computer type RF hash if the antenna is near to the receiver so I'm using 3 separate outside antennas fed to an antenna switch with coax.

With a good speaker hooked up to it, the audio is awesome. I've had an Icom ICR-75(which I have since sold), a Yaesu FRG-100, Ten-Tec RX-320D and an RX-340. Id rate the RX-350 just below the RX-340, then the FRG-100, ICR-75 and finally the RX-320D. With the RX-320D in last place doesn't mean it is a slouch by any means. The RX-320D is a formidable receiver and will hold it's own against most receivers.

At any rate, the RX-350 is here to stay and a great receiver when used properly!