Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Super Antennas MP-1 Portable Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the Super Antennas MP-1 Portable Antenna

You can write your own review of the Super Antennas MP-1 Portable Antenna.

K1EHZ  Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 18:26  Send this review to a friend!
Very Impressed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Portable antennas are always compromises of some sort, and I enjoy trying new approaches to find the optimum among convenience, cost, portability, and effectiveness. I have a PAC-12, other vertical whips, and a variety of portable wire dipoles and end-fed half waves. After reading reviews here, I recently bought an MP-1. This past weekend I set it up in a second floor bedroom and connected it to an FT-817. After adjusting the coil and laying out the radials on the floor, I tuned around 20m to see what was up. I live in New Hampshire, and I heard a station in England calling CQ with pretty good signal strength. I answered and he came right back to me. We had a nice QSO, both of us being impressed with the QRP signal from the FT-817 and MP-1. Today I visited family in Salem, MA, and brought the portable rig along. The MP-1 went in a 3rd floor attic. Worked stations in IL, MO and VA. Of course, propagation is most important, but this antenna does a nice job. It is definitely a great blend of convenience, cost, portability, and effectiveness.