Categories | Ham Software - Logging | DXLab by AA6YQ Help

Show all reviews of the DXLab by AA6YQ

You can write your own review of the DXLab by AA6YQ.

NI0C  Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2013 14:03  Send this review to a friend!
Simply the best DX Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used various versions of DXBase from a 1999 DOS version through the 2007 version. A few years ago, however, the software company changed hands, and promised updates have simply not materialized.

Meanwhile, Dave, AA6YQ, has continued to offer his suite of DXLab programs for free. I've been using it as my main logging application for a couple of years now, and have (somewhat reluctantly) abandoned DXBase. I use the following applications: Commander (for rig control); DXkeeper (for logging QSO's); and DXView (for displaying worked/confirmed/verified status of band entities, sunrise/sunset times, and much more).

At first, I approached each of these applications individually, but finally started using the Launcher module to control them and keep them updated. It all works splendidly, and helps make DX'ing a pleasure.

There are several other program modules that I have not yet integrated into my operations.

Dave is very patient in answering questions, and the Yahoo reflector is a good way to learn more about the programs. The software is continuously updated with improvements and corrections.