Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | TAK-tenna Help

Show all reviews of the TAK-tenna

You can write your own review of the TAK-tenna.

K6BHB  Rating: 0/5 Feb 3, 2013 15:38  Send this review to a friend!
expensive DIY solution for an antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm glad to see that other people have had luck with this antenna; I've had absolutely awful luck with it.

This thing is advertised as an antenna kit -- I'd call it more like "kit to build an antenna". You get some antenna wire, a few pages of mediocre instructions, and maybe $15 of parts from the hardware store (plastic pipe, zip-ties, mounting hardware).

The "build and tune it yourself" instructions mean that if you have good results with the antenna, you can post a nice review here -- or if you have bad results, you can blame yourself for not assembling or tuning it correctly. I don't have any experience with other antennas, so I'm going to say that this makes a very poor first antenna. You might as well build one yourself -- you have the same odds of success, and your wallet will be happier.

With regards to the patent -- Patent #3432858 from 1969 describes something mighty similar to this antenna, so I'm not sure what value Tak-tenna can add to it.