Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Kenwood TS-130V Help

Show all reviews of the Kenwood TS-130V

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-130V.

GM0HKS  Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2013 10:10  Send this review to a friend!
What a rig !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was fortunate enough recently to acquire a TS130v at a very affordable price. Its all been said before but I reinforce the positive comments made by other owners. A remarkable receiver and transmitted note is superb. If you operate CW, fit the narrowband filter and see what a difference that makes. A fantastic improvement. The filter is installed at IF rather than audio and so really does what its supposed to do. I had to change the Omron IF board relay as it suffered from the historical latching problem causing loss of audio after a period of transmitting. Simple troubleshooting narrowed it down to the Omron relay fitted on the IF board. The relay contacts are extremely fine and delicate and I would not recommend any attempt to clean them. The long term solution is a replacement. No issue as I was able to obtain a few spare relays from Ebay and the installation was relatively straightforward. I have a 130v now which performs as though it has just come out of the showroom. If anyone needs instructions/guidance with photos as to how to change the IF board relay, get in touch. I've uploaded a file to the 120/130 Yahoo user group as well. It offers guidance with pictures which is always useful. 5/5 for me this little rig. I hope I manage many years of fault free operating with it. As to a previous comment re putting it up against the K2; I would not disagree with that. The receiver is extraordinarily good and front panel ergonomics a breeze to work with, even though I am left handed hi !