Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | mp antenna super-m classic base Help

Show all reviews of the mp antenna super-m classic base

You can write your own review of the mp antenna super-m classic base.

KC0WEO  Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2013 05:58  Send this review to a friend!
A real world antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have to agree with the other 5/5 review's, I am impressed with the claims and results of this antenna. Retail discone's I used fell apart in poor weather and are plain junk, this holds up and really does the job.

I use this for 2 meter Skywarn net control operations so it's ability to remain intact is paramount. It punches through the weather with +9db tx'ing on VHF and monitors Minnesotas digital ARMER with minimal digitized voices compared to discone's.

As a ham with only 5 years experience, I do have almost 35 year's in public safety. During this time I always had either a scanner or issued radio. I wrote another review on this antenna and would recommend this to any ham or scanner listener. I also use it for emergency portable communications on a fiberglass push up mast.

At an APCO convention, I had to check out the almost unbelievable claim's MP made about it's real world ability and I have to agree, it does the job.

During Skywarn Ops I run 3-4 VHF radio's and 3 antenna's. Compared to my Comet's (GP-1 & GP-6) as soon as I switch to the MP Classic Base I say there is no comparison, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

My signal is stronger, much more readable and I know the element's won't fall off like the past retail discone's I had and will never use again. This low profile antenna does what they claim, period!