Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | TRX Communication 392M 80-10 mobile antenna Help

Show all reviews of the TRX Communication 392M 80-10 mobile antenna

You can write your own review of the TRX Communication 392M 80-10 mobile antenna.

KG4FET  Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2013 06:47  Send this review to a friend!
Great Mobile antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Initial impressions out of the box:
Looks good, seems to be well made, little smaller then I had expected. Tap points and "wander" lead connections are brass and look to be able to hold in place well.
Installation and set up:
Can be mounted directly into any mount using standard 3/8x24 thread. Instructions (which are a little confusing) recommend an 80" whip and the coil screwed directly into the mount. I had to center load mine on a 10" homemade extension and used a 10M jetstream whip tuned for 26 MHz into a homemade bracket that is very well grounded. A standard 11M cb antenna or the MFJ collapsible whip will also work and make this a good choice for a mag mount. I did use a 10 turn coil but turned out the only band I really need it for is 40M. With my setup the tap points are easily repeatable, hold tune over a fairly good bandwidth even on 40 and 75M (although I need to use 2 taps on 75 one for below 3900 and one above 3900 which is to be expected) Has held up well under being smacked into trees ect. Also does well in the rain where you might see a standard "bugcatcher" detune. Over ALL a very well made and easy to tune antenna. I would buy it again in and recommend it to anyone not wanting to spend the big bucks on a screwdriver. A complete review with SWR curves and pictures forthcoming on my Ham Radio Nation Blog site